Should I go see Norma Jean tonight?

Should I go?

• Yes, and take me!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, stay home and clean the house you slob.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Only go if you intend to get drunk and jump on stage and dance with the band in a tutu.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • guh

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Option 5.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • What's a Bally's?

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

chupe666

You may enter up to 25 ch
Apr 11, 2002
Where you live
www.chupetunes.com
the band, not some harlot on the east side.

norma.jpg

The club they're playing is horrible at updating their concert page- well, they update it, but it's not got this week's stuff up yet, so I don't know what time it starts or anything. And the phone message they have starts listing stuff from last week, then cuts off in the middle of Wednesday just to tell me that the voice box is full and it hangs up. WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP. But the band sounds cool (haven't heard them yet) and I'd kinda like to go enjoy some live music & down some $4 pitchers after I complete a nice, healthy workout at Bally's tonight.

So should I go? (I've pretty much decided already, but I'm avoiding responsibility at the moment.)

http://www.hi-pointe.com (the club)

HOLY CRAP the thing sold out!

I got there at like 8:30 thinking there'd be like no one there, and there was a line outside like a block long. And it was cold! It started snowing, but it was like 60 earlier in the day. Stupid weather.
Anyway, the club has a capacity of 175 and they had crammed 210 ppl in there, so they cut it off. So I went in the bar & had a nice stout beer. Stole a poster from the show in order to remember the crappy night. I had no idea there were so many kids into Norma Jean in this city. Some girl behind me said she drove 2 hrs. I think they let her in, but I didn't really feel like being crammed in with that many people, so I just went home.

i'm still shocked at the # of people there. when i saw cave in and isis in chicago, there weren't that many people there- and that was like a Thursday and a Friday! maybe this city is just starved for those types of bands to come through. and maybe i should put together a similar type band and make big $$$ so i can take HOTSHOTS PICTUREZ!!!