Show at The Vault

digitalscreams

unknown
Feb 24, 2004
To anyone planning on seeing OC at The Vault, make sure to purchase tickets from Matt/the website, or to mention at the door that you're there for Odin's Court. According to a friend in another band, the owner and/or booker at The Vault run their bookings with much more of a business mindset than most other clubs/bars in the area. Meaning: if a band sells the expected amount of tickets and gets the expected amount of support (even if they aren't the bar's "usual" style of music), they'll be asked to play future gigs. If the band doesn't meet expectations, they may get one more chance. I know this is how "the business" supposedly works at most places, but apparently The Vault is known to be much more consistent in sticking to this practice/policy. So make sure to show your support for OC.

You're welcome, Matt. I'm unsure about the show at the Vault. Depends on my work schedule but I'm going to try and be there. I will definitely be at the King's X show, though.

Nice to see you too, Neon. I've been around some recently, but not as much as in the past. I have new responsibilities at work that have kept me very busy, and I'm finding less time to be online. When I get home, I'm usually ready to completely relax, so I don't spend as much time at the boards from home either. I'm still around some, though. You never know where I am. ;)

So I assume I'll see you at the King's X show? Anyone else from your area coming down again? I may be bringing a friend, but that is tenative at the moment. I'm probably gonna stay at a hotel again after OC/King's X. It won't be the Comfort Inn though...I wasn't too impressed with the mould on the shower curtain. :ill: I think it was a Holiday Inn (or maybe Days Inn) that was closer to Jaxx, that is probably where I'll stay. Are there enough people for another late night "party"?

My friend also mentioned that one "down-side" to The Vault's consistency to their business practices is that a band will often end up being booked with very dis-similar bands on a given night. I think some people are more sensitive to this than others, though.

I'm definitely coming down for Kings X but I don't think we'll be staying the night this time. It's a short enough drive (approx. 3 hours...probably less than that with no traffic) and none of us can afford the sleepover this time around :(

It is sure to be a kickass night regardless :D

Understood; I'm still not sure if I'm staying overnight or not, but probably will. Either way, it will be a kickass night!

So, is this the first officially hijacked thread on this forum?
:loco:

digitalscreams said:
So, is this the first officially hijacked thread on this forum?
Wow, that didn't take long at all! :p

About the show at The Vault, we were asked by another band to do it. They do mostly originals, and their stuff is in the vein of Soundgarden and Alice in Chains. So I think we fit together.

I am worried about the venue though and ticket sales. I've heard the same things you mentioned, DS. They're all about the business.

What's sad is I helped hijack my own thread. :oops:

That's cool that you're with a similar band. Good luck with the sales. I'm gonna try to be there, but can't make any promises right now.

OdinsCourt said:
DS - Are you planning on going to The Vault?

Unless you don't start until 11:30, I won't be able to make it to the Vault. I have to work that night. Any idea what time you're scheduled to start?

I was afraid of that. :( If anything changes, I'll let you know. But as of right now, I'm the only manager who will be at the store this weekend.

I WILL be at the King's X show, though.

I'll be there, although 9:30 will be cutting it close; I have to catch the bus from work in Catonsville and I won't get out til 8:30-9.

I showed up just as OC went on ("hey, this sounds kinda Rushy... oh wait, because it IS!"), yapped at Matt for about half an hour afterwards, and left about fifteen minutes into Core, which didn't impress me much at all. I'd never been in the Vault before, and the stage is like five feet off the ground - trip over a cord and you could be leaking brains all over the floor!

Mike -

Yeah, I'm not sure how we'll do there. This one was very last minute due to schedule changes, so we couldn't really promote it right. Hopefully we'll do alright if we play there again. Yeah, that ramp sucks! It's 45 degrees or so, and the carpet might as well be made of oil.

Jamie -

Thanks for coming! Hope you enjoy the CD. :D