SICKLY SHOT Drum Cover of King Conquer Song!

Charles J

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2008
Florida
Just found this and thought it looked sick. Plus good exposure for this CD! We did the album front to back in house....! All real drums in the mix, BTW...

I fucking ADORE the vibe they capured via way it was all produced/filmed/set/shot/etc.... fits the mood for this song PERFECT if you watch all the way through. I think that's the EXACT space I had envisioned in my head when mixing this album.... haha... so fucking amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like a young Dolph Lundgren :lol: Also love the fact that it looks like a professionally done video just for a drum cover :headbang:

Now, do you mean all real drums but with samples blended or what. Even Lyle isn't consistent enough to sound like that so I'm baffled if it's all natural drums. Production is sick either way CJ.

It's like a young Dolph Lundgren :lol: Also love the fact that it looks like a professionally done video just for a drum cover :headbang:

Now, do you mean all real drums but with samples blended or what. Even Lyle isn't consistent enough to sound like that so I'm baffled if it's all natural drums. Production is sick either way CJ.

Haha, IDK who ths kid even is! He looks like a super-human version of the actual drummer and even has a very similar style...

And yes, I mean't all real drums with of course samples blended =D Kick 100%, the rest are whatever percentages they ended up being, hahaha....

Used a Pork Pie Acrylic Lite for the snare and dialed in the sickest old school DM snr tone, hahaha..

LOTS of room mics as well as you can hear on the OH's and especially SNR. I think a stereo pair FAR back and REALLY high and a mono room 6 feet in front via R-121...

=D

Looks like some aryan supersoldier :lol:

Also, I find kind of weird that someone does a drum cover video with only the original sound. He looks like an awesome player (although I guess I can't tell for sure from the video), but I'd like to hear what he's actually playing.