SiD video

jakesands5

satans onion
Mar 4, 2005
minnesota
hate to bring this up again.. but a few months ago i heard word that there was a Spiraling into Depression video.. are we ever gonna get to see that? to anyone who might know, why isnt that on the website, why cant we see it?

As far as I know it isn't going to be released, but I hope that they would atleast put it on the website for anyone who wants to see it.

anyone want to tell me why you make a vid then not put it out, at least on the site or somethin... hell if anything put it on a disc and sell it on this upcomin opeth tour, ill buy it

The reason I know is that before it was going to be released they had their major lineup switch with Chris and Jim leaving. So it is kind of pointless to advertise a band in a video with members that aren't even in the band anymore.

FirePixie said:
The reason I know is that before it was going to be released they had their major lineup switch with Chris and Jim leaving. So it is kind of pointless to advertise a band in a video with members that aren't even in the band anymore.
good point

but I'd still like to see it

Exactly, that's why they should atleast but it on their website. It's different to have people go to the website to see the video than to bring it to the television screens of people who don't know any about the band.

FirePixie said:

what about Gene Hoglan being in Opeth's new video lol

haha, thanks... or why even have a video with people in it that aren't band members... like extras? i, for one, would love to see the video. why? because the band had something to do with it

jakesands5 said:
ok... so how do we force the good people of intoeternity.net to show us this video? can we petition??

you could email Tim :D

I don't know if there are legal objections from e.g. the label and I doubt they would put it online, so it would have to be on our own space (and money) - if at all allowed.

IF allowed, I don't know how many MB it would be, we should make it fairly small, but my webhost account should be big enough for it (I have a fairly big one for multiple domains/websites a.o. intoeternity.net) if it's not linked on sites like blabbermouth I guess (or that one crazy site that gave us 4000 hits on one day LOL).

space/bandwith shouldn't be a problem if you make it into a torrent.
videos are supposed to be for promotion, i say just put it on some major tracker or something. show the legal uses of the great software/protocal.

i don't see how chris being in the video and not being in the band is an issue? he's on the album too right? so i dont' think it should matter much.

if anything release with the new album as bonus material.

the video had to have cost money. at least TRY to make SOME of it back (aka use it as promotion, not to sell it). you can also put it on myspace videos.

i'm sure there is a big reason other than what was mentioned why they aren't going to release it.

well yeah they spent so much money on this video and to not have it see the light of day would be such a waste and yeah, zmetallica, making it into a torrent is also a good idea, hell I could host it on kerrazy-torrents and torrentspy.