"Silence is talking too..."

Brevidade

New Metal Member
Nov 26, 2001
Coimbra...
Visit site
And you, lovers of Katatonia, do you read? Do you are book's lovers too? What you read?
I personaly love William Somerset Maughan books, especialy "The razor's edge", "Of human bondage" and "The narrow corner". The "Amok" book from S. Zweig is also strongly beautiful. If you want a book which is "painted" in total black- misery with no shades of hope, it is "Amor de Perdição" (It's portuguese) from a Portuguese author called Camilo Castelo Branco ( I don't know if there is/was a translation to english language). Other deep book it's "Sleep of Paris" from Charles Baudelaire.

To some day...

Yeah, I usually don't reject a good read.
I started with "easy reading" (fantasy literature -Pratchett/Eddings/Moorcock etc.), then jumped over to books like Truman Capote's 'In Cold Blood', which I still appreciate for the protagonists' depth, but it turned out that I'm more into classic works à la Shakespeare, Wilde, Byron, Wordsworth, Milton and Keats. As for German authors, I have soft spots for Brecht, Hesse, H. Mann ('Der Untertan') and Rilke. More to come, I suppose :)
I recently ordered 'Les Fleurs du Mal' by Baudelaire and I'm looking forward to reading it, but it'll have to wait until I've finished some linguistic stuff for uni. :(

Cheers

Saturday, I will hope to have the book from Fernando Ribeiro, vocalist of Moonspell, "Como escavar um abismo" ("How to dig an abyss"). It's a book of poems in the vein of Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Mario Cesariny...
Fernando Ribeiro is in conversations with the book's label with the purpose of the translation of the book to english's, france's and germany's language.

To some day...

I am not so fond of classics (blame it on traumatic childhood experiences :cry: )
but I am in love with Tolkien (read and fly..... ;) )
I love reading and i always have something to read,I don't read much of the modern greek writers though,cause usually their books are more or less tooo average and boring....
Lately i read many litterature in Swedish (either translations or swedish writters)...a couple of weeks ago I finished reading John Steinbeck's "Mice and Men" and soon i will start reading a book by a swedish author (Marianne Fredriksson)

and some day i wanna start reading Freud's "Traumdeutung" (how's the english title???),but this book is huge and i don't have enough time ....

Originally posted by Brevidade
Saturday, I will hope to have the book from Fernando Ribeiro, vocalist of Moonspell, "Como escavar um abismo" ("How to dig an abyss"). It's a book of poems in the vein of Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Mario Cesariny...
Fernando Ribeiro is in conversations with the book's label with the purpose of the translation of the book to english's, france's and germany's language.

To some day...

wow, that is cool. I hope they translate it to english cause that is the only language my lazy American ass knows..:)
jAY