Silence Teaches you to Sing

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
So how rare is this thing. I heard somewhere that theres only 2,000 copies in existance, is this true? What about Silence the Singing. This weekend I got a copy of Silence Teaches you to Sing for five bucks. Did I get as great of a deal as I'm hoping I got?

2000 copies isnt many, but when it comes to the selective underground, its not quite as "rare" as youd think. In any case, 5 bucks for any ulver release is a deal in itself, due to the fantastic material youre buying in the first place. as far as the value as a collectors item/rarity...they usually sell for about $15 these days

I think they've re-released Teachings in silence. I just picked mine up some weeks ago at the record store (in Norway). It's not as rare or valuable, though, but it's probably easier to find than the EPs.

yeh, silence teaches you how to sing was limited to 2000 copies, silencing the singing was limited to 3000 copies, and both have been re-released on the one cd called teachings in silence which isnt limited at all on jester records.

Note however that there was also a teachings in silence disc released on black apple records (well before the jester version) in america a fair while back and this version is limited to only 1000 copies.

Nightspirit said:
yeh, silence teaches you how to sing was limited to 2000 copies, silencing the singing was limited to 3000 copies, and both have been re-released on the one cd called teachings in silence which isnt limited at all on jester records.

Note however that there was also a teachings in silence disc released on black apple records (well before the jester version) in america a fair while back and this version is limited to only 1000 copies.
This is correct. I have all 3 of the limited release CDs because I'm a shameless Ulver fanboy. :Spin:

There are times when I find the Silence EPs to be Ulver's strongest work, but since their catalogue is so varied it's not really fair to make that distinction.

Silencing the Singing (was that the really long track? like 20+ minutes) is a little hard to get into at times...but very cool nonetheless

Russell said:
Oooh, does anyone else have the limited version of Perdition City too? I was really very very flukey and tracked a copy of it down a year or two back :D Is very cool :cool:

ive got the limited version of perdition city also! :D