Silent Civilian

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
check 'em out!

Good shit! Some sweet solos too. Pretty nice recording as well......

Too bad they got kicked off the non-point tour cause those non-point guys are pretty "big ego" ass clowns!:Smug: Hell, my band opened for them about 4 months ago and they pretty much blew us and everybody off. I hope no matter how famous my band gets, that I never turn into one of those self righteous rockstar ass clowns.:ill:

But....anyways, Silent Civilian's new CD is One of my top favorites for this year! Other is being the new Diecast!!! New Diecast is the Best album this year for me so far!!!!:kickass:

http://www.myspace.com/silentcivilian

lots of bands end up in the whole ego thing. if you think about it, im sure there is a band somewhere right now that you dislike, and that you joke about with your friends. the bigger you get, the bigger that pit of bands you dislike grows. its sad really, but none of my concern. i tend to close the ears when bands talk bad about other bands.

actually no.... I'm a cool dude and harbor no shit. We get plenty of jokes on us fo sho, but really.......when your in a mild melodic metal band like myself and have a screwed/hiphop/rap side project that is a little on the "original" side.....there is no ego! Just a good time, and good afterparties! :)

but seriously, check out that silent civilian.....it's cool shit.

Does anyone here like Spineshank? The singer/songwriter/guitarist of Silent Civilian was the frontman of Spineshank. Anyway...I like the Silent Civilian album, but the production just feels little off to me. The drums especially just kind of have a weird, over-EQed feel to them. However, as I stated, I like the album and it's certainly listenable.

Gnash said:
I put this album in my little sister's car the other day. She digs 'em! I've since turned her on to Karzog's band "Backmask." From Fall Out Boy to Fear Factory is my goal!:heh:

Thanks! :headbang:

We're almost done with our first proper full-length album. Of course all of you Sneap-heads will be in the know.

It's okay, it all felt a bit familiar but there's still some cool stuff on it. I know what you mean about the sound; something doesn't sit quite right but I can't really pinpoint it.

I knew it was the guy from Spineshank, but I didn't know he was playing guitar - it's weird cause I thought it was Spineshank's drummer that wrote everything for them? Ah well, either way they had their moments - though their cover of 'My Guitar Gently Weeps' made me want to hurt them.

Steve

I was surprised to hear SC, considering the Spineshank connection.

As a side note, Nonpoint isn't that popular of a band to have those egos, right? The nu-metal boat sailed a long time ago, and they were never serious contenders as it was, IMO.

nwright said:
As a side note, Nonpoint isn't that popular of a band to have those egos, right?

wrong......

When we opened for them 4 months ago or so.....they had the BIGGEST rig I have ever seen! That shit was like something 50 cent or Aerosmith would have!o_O

I mean like a 3 story fucking by 100 foot RV pulling a HUGE trailer that alone, was two or three times bigger than my Dodge Ram Van and 6x11 trailer put together:loco: And they had 2 guitar techs, 1 drum tech, 2 merch guys, 4 or 5 random "road girls", and a road manager.....and that is all I could keep track of!

But remeber, I think they just got some movie soundtrack deals, so they probably made a shitload of money off that lonely..... Still, the ego trip is bullshit! Reguardless! They could atleast just say Hi, nice to meet you and atleast pretend to be personable instead of being ass clowns to plp, and kicking other bands off your tour just because they are just as good if not better than them..:cool:

nwright said:
As a side note, Nonpoint isn't that popular of a band to have those egos, right? The nu-metal boat sailed a long time ago, and they were never serious contenders as it was, IMO.

I agree. I own a couple Nonpoint albums from back in the day, and I still think they've got a few strong songs. But, I wouldn't feel right saying that they have more than a few. Overall the writing for their albums has always sounded forced to me, and if it truly wasn't forced, well...then that makes them look even more stupid.

ApolloSpeed said:
yeah, uh......but that got old pretty quick.

I didn't know that he was from Spineshank.:kickass: Yeah, I like some of there shit too, if I remember correctly.
i dont listen to music very much, because im usually working on music most of the time.

so to me, this record is still very fresh

Wow, I didn't know Nonpoint was big enough for all that stuff. When they come through here, they play a half packed place (or less) that is only 400 at capacity to begin with. And, i didn't think their record sales were even all that much. They've had to have come into the scrilla somewhere else rather than just on touring and CD sales? What movie deals have they made?

i've met the guys from nonpoint several times, and they've always been pretty cool...i remember them playing open mic nights for free around here when i was in high school

we all have our shitty days