silent waters

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
hate it ? like it? love it? share your thoughts :headbang:
new amorphis rulea yay!

great album, but not as good as Eclipse. the problem is its sounds almost like some Eclipse part 2. they didn't evolve enough for my taste. the new album also lacks some killer songs like 'Under The Soil And Black Stone' or 'Brother Moon'

great album, but not as good as Eclipse. the problem is its sounds almost like some Eclipse part 2. they didn't evolve enough for my taste. the new album also lacks some killer songs like 'Under The Soil And Black Stone' or 'Brother Moon'

I think it has more killer songs than Eclipse: A Servant, I Of Crimson Blood, Towards and Against, Enigma....amazing! I think it is better than Eclipse because harder parts are a little darker and the mellow parts are even calmer. The vocal performance is better than on Eclipse as well, Joutsen sounds amazing!

²
I was already wondering if time passes by more slowly over here *glimpse at calendar* ... but by what I heard (& read) so far I have the strong feeling that I won't be disappointed at all.

Not only was I not dissapointed, but for me this is the best album Amorphis have released since Tales...fucking great!

Hell yeah! Even if it sounds a little like "Eclipse pt.2", it damn rocks! When Pasi left after F.F.T.S. (I like it very much, but there's a feeling like the band is tired and near its end...) I thought Amorphis came to the end of the journey. But Tomi is doing great! And the band is looking more at the old sounds. One of my favourite bands along with Katatonia, Opeth and My Dying Bride.

Hell yeah! Even if it sounds a little like "Eclipse pt.2", it damn rocks! When Pasi left after F.F.T.S. (I like it very much, but there's a feeling like the band is tired and near its end...) I thought Amorphis came to the end of the journey. But Tomi is doing great! And the band is looking more at the old sounds. One of my favourite bands along with Katatonia, Opeth and My Dying Bride.

Cool, those are all among my favorite five bands! I fuckin' love the growls by Tomi, they are so good and I think it's probably the best overall vocal performance on an Amorphis album.