silent waters

Just got my copy in the mail, opened a cold beer and blaster my speakers to 10!

First listen.... Amazing amazing album. Amorphis holds a special place for me in my soul, the band are pioneers of Kalevala metal. The new album "Silent Waters" does not disappoint. Rocking all the way with some great depth given by all members of the band. Esa really shines on guitar and the whole band celebrate their new found energy. The last album "Eclipse" was a great return for the band, even though I do like all their releases, the last few albums before "Eclipse" were truly lacking in strenght. But man I was glad the band came back with Tomi Joutsen stearing with his powerfull vocals. The first track on Silent is so far my favorite, the song just kicks starts the album on a perfect heavy note. The whole album... all the melodies, passion, agression, and soul of Amorphis are there. At least for me... this band transports me to a good place. Going for another spin, hail my fellow northern brothers! \m/

may I add...

Theres a lot more accoustic elements on this album which is really nice and reminds me of Elegy. A killer song is the "Towards and Against", the chorus is powerfull. Also included with my digipack of the album was the song "Sign" which seems to be written mostly by Tomi Joutsen, great upbeat heavy song, glad to see Tomi part of the writing process and cant wait to hear more from him.

The evolution on this album is definetly the complexity. Esa has some great solos and overall the album has a lot of depth.

Cant wait to see them live!

i just checked it out, its pretty damn good. i loved it just like the old days. but the thing about amorphis is that their lyrics are always too confusing for me. i never know what theyre talking about but i still love that shit..

i just checked it out, its pretty damn good. i loved it just like the old days. but the thing about amorphis is that their lyrics are always too confusing for me. i never know what theyre talking about but i still love that shit..

:Smug:

honestly..I just can't bear his voice during the choruses it just ruins the whole experience...

..... but the thing about amorphis is that their lyrics are always too confusing for me. i never know what theyre talking about but i still love that shit..

Many Amorphis albums/songs/lyrics are based on the book "Kalevala", which is about Finnish myths/urban legends.

Amorphis is a band, that for me, they rarely disappoint. "Silent Waters" is a very good melodic death album. When the mood strikes, this is an excellent album to help dictate my mood. However, with intent listening, I can't help but think they could have done better. In my Top 10 or 15.