Simen Hestnæs (ICS Vortex) tells about his bike

Yeah, but he probably makes a lot of money with them... his vocals on Sideshow Symphonies (Arcturus) and Quintessence (Borknagar) are amazing though

Love his vocal style!!!:)

Simen Hestnæs aka ICS Vortex (Dimmu Borgir, Arcturus, Lamented Souls, ex-Borknagar, Code), tells about his bike during the recording of In Sorte Diaboli:

:kickass:

Hahahahaha, I would kill to see him riding on that!
Yeah, but he probably makes a lot of money with them... his vocals on Sideshow Symphonies (Arcturus) and Quintessence (Borknagar) are amazing though

Love his vocal style!!!:)
Colossus and Hibernation Sickness Complete both justify my reason for why he is one of my favorite vocalists.

Last edited by a moderator:
That guy has one of the best voices ever. i agree his best work was on Quintessence. That's my favorite Borknagar album, mainly because of his vocals. I also like what he does in Dimmu, but it'd be cooler if he was the only singer.

He also asked me for cocaine one time outside of El Corazon when Dimmu was touring with Cannibal Corpse.

I also like what he does in Dimmu, but it'd be cooler if he was the only singer.
Definitely. Shagrath sounds like shit now anyway. Simen's throat vocals are better than his, plus his incredible singing voice.
The weirdest thing is, the album he contributed to the most (vocal wise) was before he joined the band.

For Borknagar, QUintessence is my second favorite. The Olden Domain is my favorite album from them. Garm=god.

Hahahahaha, I would kill to see him riding on that!

Colossus and Hibernation Sickness Complete both justify my reason for why he is one of my favorite vocalists.
dont forget shipwrecked frontier pioneer. the one song that im not so fond of on that record is evacuation (vocally) because it sounds like hes going through puberty and his voice is cracking.

dont forget shipwrecked frontier pioneer. the one song that im not so fond of on that record is evacuation (vocally) because it sounds like hes going through puberty and his voice is cracking.
I see you finally checked out Arcturus :kickass: