Since a lot of people here seems to like Paramore...

Very pro sounding! Sounds great to me. I like the song! Can you give more details...what guitar? What bass? Drum samples or real drums? But really interested in the vocals and the vocal chain fits right in the mix!! What mic, pre, and what processing?

Not really digging the music... the melodies sound like an amalgamation of melodies from a lot of hit songs.

Production is REALLY good. Only things I'd change...

Snare fills sound very triggered.

The snare either has some distortion goin on or is clipping a lot. In small amounts that can be nice, and it sounds quite similar to the one off Paramore's album. But when it happens too much (listen to crushcrushcrush off the Paramore album) it can sound blehhhhhhhh. So be careful on how much you push it. I would back off a TINY bit from what you've got now. 2:35 in Tattoo, for example, is audibly distorting.

Kick is a bit meh. Especially in comparison to the snare (which is awesome, I didn't mention that! Any chance of samples of the snare?). Kick should be a little bigger, some more low-mids and perhaps blend in a room sample. Again, listen to crushcrushcrush and you can hear the solo'd kick.. it sounds pretty dirty and muddy. So don't approach it like you would in metal where it has to be uber tight.

Vocals sound really nice. As Jauernis said - we want details!

not my music style, but very pro sounding mix, excellent job! can tell me the chain you used for the lead vocals (mic, pre, compressor, effects)?

i personally like the kick drum as it is. the snare cuts though well, but i'd try to add some more reverb or ambience to the snare just a bit. guitars sound great

you nailed the snare sound for that kind of music. well you sample-nailed it ;)
during the snare rolls, it sounds very programmed because the same samples get triggered at the same velocity in a very small amount of time...

yes any chance of sharing the sample, or is it slate or another commercial sample ?

overall very pro sounding.

EMG81 eh.... still fits the music.

Holy crap.. that is one sampled snare.

The kick does need a little more "Boom" and less click (the kick is also sampled?)..
Good mix though. Not a huge fan of the arrangement, very few dynamics on the writing - you can't help that though!

Thanks for posting .. Keep the good work up!

I think it sounds great dude.

I love the songs. The mix is solid. FAT snare as mentioned.

Does sound A LOT like the 'more.
Not really a bad thing though haha.

I disagree with that kick comment. It cuts nice and still retains the fatness. If anything I think the mix needs more cymbals prominent. I can't really hear em.

Guitars are fucking legit.

What fucking language is that?? I like it.

Thanks for the comments.
I need to make it clear that I don´t take much credit on it. The guitarrist is the one who mixed it. He´s a good friend of mine and taugh me at least 50% of all I know about music production. He´s also an incredible guitar shredder.

I decided to post it here because this week he showed me the finished album (pre master actually) and I really liked it, but as nome of my friends are into music production neither modern pop rock, it was pretty sad for me to don´t have anyone to talk about it :p

As they were recording the album I was going through some heavy health problems, so I unfortunately couldn´t follow the mixing process as close as I wished, but I think I can answer some things here. OK, enough of the bullshit.

The rhythm guitars are my ESP Ltd F-50 with EMG 81 on the bridge and 85 on the neck, although they used only the 81. They also used a Gibson Les Paul Custom with stock pickups for the leads. The Ibanez TS7 was beeing used only as a boost for the Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier of course. If I remember correctly the cab was a Behringer with speakers changed to Celestion ones. I was surprised on how litle EQ was necessary to make the rhythm tracks fit on the mix, Mesa Boogie is really a monster. The neighbour complained everyday about the noise LOL

The language is portuguese (from Brazil).

The bass was an unknown beaten-up model with passive pickups that they used on the pre-production, but the performance on those tracks were so good that we decided to reamp the DIs using my ReAmp V.2 and Sansamp BDDI.

The drums were 'real', with Evans heads and Sabian B8 Pro cymbals. The samples used were recorded right there from the drums itself (not external/comercial samples). The time warp was done on Ableton Live but the performance was really good, so it was a no brainer.

The vocals were done using this condenser mic that I forgot the name, but you should probably know it.

The mix was done on a PC with Nuendo. No outboard gear used. Everything on VSTs, mostly Waves. Not many magic or fancy tricks here, actually it´s only a guy who knows what he´s after and knows how to achieve it.

The master is actually a scratch just to make the mix loud enough to listen without having to turn the volume all the way up. I agree that it´s over on the limiter, keep in mind that this is just provisory, as they´ll probably send the mixes to a great mastering studio.

Hmm, I dunno, the bottom of it (or top in this case) looks different somehow, but the diaphragm part definitely has the Neumann shape - maybe some other UX7

Sorry, there´s no way that I can post the session. Actually I don´t even have the sessions. I believe the album is coming out this year from a nice label, and I don´t want yakuza throwing ninja stars on my forehead. Also, there are sooo many tracks on each song. Too many vocals and guitar layers. I have yet to study more what he did, as I said, I was pretty sick when he was mixing, so I could only watch him mix one entire song. But in the end is all about EQ, compressors, pan and delay/reverb. We all know how to use them, it´s just a matter of really knowing what we´re after.

Looks like a Neumann U87.
Neumann U67 actually. The backings were done with it too.
On the other songs of the album they also used a Vox amp, a Takamine acoustic guitar and a Yamaha C7 Grand Piano.

The drums were 'real', with Evans heads and Sabian B8 Pro cymbals. The samples used were recorded right there from the drums itself (not external/comercial samples). The time warp was done on Ableton Live but the performance was really good, so it was a no brainer.

Well now we know that they're not commercial ones... any chance of you sharing them? ^^