Since The Flood – No Compromise

TheWyvern

Oct 22, 2006
Since The Flood – No Compromise
Metal Blade Records– 3984-14601-2– Out Now
By Dan Fisher

Since_the_flood_correct.jpg

Since the Flood are a relatively new hardcore outfit, having released their first album Valor (sic) and Vengeance in 2005. Since then, they have achieved a good rate of production having managed to release an album every year since. 2007 has seen the band hone their sound to such an extent that it is now gaining recognition by the upper echelons of the hardcore genre and beyond; expect to see these guys ripping it up in your country very soon. Incorporating elements of sludge and metal core into their sound, Since The Flood have given birth to No Compromise which is an unrelenting assault of east coast aggression of some reckoning. But……

It’s a bit samey. I like some of the elements of this band. The production is decent and the guitars haven’t been compressed out of all recognition which gives them a nice bite. However, as far as riffing is concerned, there is nothing here that I haven’t heard a thousand times before. The record does go some distance to capturing their live sound and on those grounds again I take my hat off to the production job. Also the natural progression of this way of thinking is that they would be good live. Could they really headline though? You have to ask myself whether you would pay ten pounds (about twenty dollars) to see this band. The answer is no. What Since the Flood need is that spark that sets them apart from their rivals.

With No Compromise everything is in the right place. But more and more I’m of the opinion that in today’s metal climate, just having the right ingredients doesn’t mean you are capable of baking a true and kvlt cake. Try Since the Flood on your own taste buds and see if they are palatable to you…..

Official Since The Flood Website

Official Metal Blade Website