singer in Steel?

AnTz0r said:
ok ill be nice now... it's just a technique, called falsetto singing. it's used to produce very high sounds. it's the same what all the other power metal singers do :)

I don't really consider the typical powermetal vocal to be falsetto. It's at a high octave, sure, but to say Bruce Dickinson's vocals are falsetto vs. King Diamond's?

Dan has mentioned this project in the norwegian mag Scream in the past, his reason for not continuing was that it was just too damn hard singing like Tony Harnell(TNT):OMG:

wardwarf said:
I don't really consider the typical powermetal vocal to be falsetto. It's at a high octave, sure, but to say Bruce Dickinson's vocals are falsetto vs. King Diamond's?

no, i mean more like the Crimson Glory singer...

cenzu said:
Mikael Åkerfeldt * Guitars
Peter Lindgren * Bass
Anders Nordin * Drums (ex member of Opeth)

basicly the Opeth of Morningrise(without Defarafla) with Dan
Steel was just fooling around while testing the studio for recording Morningrise.

wardwarf said:

Neither Maiden nor Bruces solo stuff can be considered power metal though... the only Power Metal project he's been a part of (to my knowledge) is the Ayreon-stuff where he did vocals for some track. :)

hmm star one's space metal is a lot more like power metal than ayreon... but still far from it. :)

the scream around the fifth minute of the first track of dissection's The Somberlain is also a falsetto scream (but i don't think it's dan :) )

Power metal vocals? Falsetto? That's wrong, man. Singing falsetto vocals puts somewhat of a more round, or soft tone on the voice, whereas most power metal vocalists I hear merely use a much higher octave of their "normal" singing voice. It's actually very incredible if you think about it. My falsetto goes high as hell but I can't use it in music, because it sounds like Ren & Stimpy or something. It'd work for black metal I guess, the really corny stuff. By the way I am not posting anymore, this was my 1337.