Singer to Singer!

JonnyGR04

New Metal Member
Mar 11, 2008
Mike!!!

I'll start by thanking you for dedicating yourself to music and sharing your voice with the world. You are one of the most powerful, dynamic and angelic singers I've ever heard. You give singers like me hope!!

Just a couple of funsy questions:

- Whats your favorite CM song to sing?

- Which do you find most difficult to sing? :devil:

- What is the extent of your range?

- Whats your favorite adult beverage?

- Who's your favorite LOTR character?

Lastly, do you have any advice for an aspiring prog/power singer? I'm still trying to develop some (safe) raspiness to my voice for certain passages, and can sing up to a A5.

P.S. Your voice is like Gandalf and the Rohirrim charging into Helms Deep. So... EPIC....!!!!

Hi Jonny ;)

Nice to hear from you ;)

- My favourite CM song to sing ...hmm..hard to pick one , but I really love singing Mouth Of Madness :Spin:

- It all comes down to if the song is played a little bit up tempo or not... You perform the song with your own teqnique..breath in there..breath out there etc , but as soon as the tempo differs you have to change the teqnique..believe me 3 -5 bpm can kill ya :devil:

- Hmm..I really don`t know , but back in the days I had a full chest scream with vibratto and all on the 24th fret on the guitar...again..back in tha days:loco:

- Water beats any drink :dopey:

- Saruman..bad-ass wizard :devil:

Just keep on trying to sound like your "heroes"..eventually you`ll create your own style..remember it takes time , so don`t expect to sound like Sebastian Bach after 5 spins , hihi ;)

HAHAHAHAHA..epic indeed ;)

Cheers Mikey

Mike!!!

I'll start by thanking you for dedicating yourself to music and sharing your voice with the world. You are one of the most powerful, dynamic and angelic singers I've ever heard. You give singers like me hope!!

Just a couple of funsy questions:

- Whats your favorite CM song to sing?

- Which do you find most difficult to sing? :devil:

- What is the extent of your range?

- Whats your favorite adult beverage?

- Who's your favorite LOTR character?

Lastly, do you have any advice for an aspiring prog/power singer? I'm still trying to develop some (safe) raspiness to my voice for certain passages, and can sing up to a A5.

P.S. Your voice is like Gandalf and the Rohirrim charging into Helms Deep. So... EPIC....!!!!

Excellent!!! Mouth of Madness is my FAVORITE CM song.

Saruman Rocks!!!

You're the best Mike!! Thank you for chatting!!!

You are a vocal god! I can't wait to one day see you guys live.

Trust me you won't be disappointed :)
Mike's one of the few singers today that really sound as good on stage as they do on the record.
Oh and Truls will also kick your ass big time, especially if he goes napalm like he did in Paris three years ago (fuck ! didn't think it would've been that long already...).
ALIIIIIIIIIVE ahaha :D good stuff

Can't wait to see you guys again ! Next tour hopefully :)