singers with unique voices

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
i was just thinking of singers with unique voices, voices that you cannot confuse with anyone else. here is my list, feel free to add....

Iva Davies (Icehouse)
Vince Neil (Motley Crue)
Ozzy Osbourne
Sammy Hagar (Solo/ex-Van Halen)
Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan)
Justin Hawkins (The Darkness)
James Hetfield (Metallica)
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
Bruce Dickinson (solo/Maiden)
Wednesday 13 (Murderdolls)
Jon Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi)
Axl Rose (Guns N Roses)
Dave Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
Alice Cooper
Seal
Mike Patton (ex-Faith No More, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Mr Bungle)

That big Opera singer, Pavarotti, Domingo or Carreres, I dont know which is which.

Yeah I was gonna add Blackie Lawless but Koich did it for me :) How could you forget him?!?

I'll also add:
King Diamond
Robert Fleischman
Mark Slaughter
Bret Michaels

I reckon Wednesday 13 from Murderdolls sounds exactly like the singer from Erotic Suicide. I think his voice sounds alot like quite a few of the sleaze singers around the early '90s, just with more aggression in his delivery... he sounds alot like the D'Molls singer at times, and even sometimes like an angry version of the dude in Alleycat Scratch..

How about:

Bon Scott
Brian Johnson
Ron Keel
Don Dokken
Rob Halford (I know Ralf sounds like him but having a copycat doesn't make him less unique..)
Paul Stanley
Gene Simmons (as crap as he is, its unique)
Stephen Pearcy (see Gene!)

There were some Brian Johnson clones around (Tom Keifer, Dizzy Dean Davidson, Jesse Dupre, even Udo at times..) but Brian still sounded cooler than they all did.

I'm surprised no one else mentioned King Diamond. Who the hell else sounds even remotely like him? HAHA!

Eddie Vedder is WAY better than dickhead from Creed. Vedder isn't as nasally and annoying as dick from Creed.

Im not a fan of either band but Eddie is way better (better words are 'less anoying') than dickhead..