Sinner - One Bullet Left

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Have never really been able to get into Sinner. I think I just don't like Mat Sinner's vocals in the main. They are a cool heavy band but their songs are pretty mundane for me. Anyway without much fanfare they have a new album. The lead song is Thin Lizzy tribute of sorts but it's a bit of a disaster IMO. Mat can't sing well and the song is such a blatant copy of Jailbreak that it's not even funny. Very odd to have a new album and the lead video and song is so lame and pointless. The production and playing at least sounds good though so maybe the other songs will be better hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have never really been able to get into Sinner. I think I just don't like Mat Sinner's vocals in the main. They are a cool heavy band but their songs are pretty mundane for me. Anyway without much fanfare they have a new album. The lead song is Thin Lizzy tribute of sorts but it's a bit of a disaster IMO. Mat can't sing well and the song is such a blatant copy of Jailbreak that it's not even funny. Very odd to have a new album and the lead video and song is so lame and pointless. The production and playing at least sounds good though so maybe the other songs will be better hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Oi1nnfoPw

Damn bro?! Why the Matt Sinner hate?! I'm a lead vocalist/frontman, & I liked the whole song & Matt's vocals! Granted, he's no Ralph Scheepers, but he's
not as bad you said he is! With that being said, at least he's not like Andreas, from Paragon (who I do seriously LOVE! The music, not so much the vocals! He has a very blatant german accent still when he sings!) unlike Matt!
Just sayin & this is strictly my two cents & imo! :)

Sinner just rocks!! And Mat Sinner's voice is just fine, fits the music great. Not the best technical singer of course, but he does a fine job. That song is indeed a little too influenced by Lizzy, but I can't wait to hear the whole album. I enjoyed almost all Sinner discs since 1982!! I prefer his heavier albums like Judgement Day, The Nature Of Evil and There Will Be Execution, but the last few hard rocking albums were very good as well.

Some people love Sinner and I know you are a long term Sinnerite Guillaume. For me they are a solid band but I just can't get excited about Sinner's albums. They just don't have the type of melodies that make my spine tingle and this is mainly down to Mat's vocals. For me even the worst Primal Fear album is better than the best Sinner album.

The new SINNER album SLAYS! AFM Records is on fire! EPYSODE, WOLFPAKK SINNER, and upcoming releases from DRAGONLAND, ALMAH, BRAINSTORM, and wait until you hear who they just signed! FUCK YES!!!!!

Some people love Sinner and I know you are a long term Sinnerite Guillaume. For me they are a solid band but I just can't get excited about Sinner's albums. They just don't have the type of melodies that make my spine tingle and this is mainly down to Mat's vocals. For me even the worst Primal Fear album is better than the best Sinner album.

WTF...why even start a thread about a band and include a video from their new disc, when you don't even like them? Just to trash them? Seems like a waste of time to me.

Count me in as a Sinner fan. I'm pretty sure this track is an intended nod to Thin Lizzy, not necessarily a "rip off". I dig it, and I'm a long time Lizzy fan as well.....

Look - It seems some people are not understanding my reson detre - yeah I know I am a sad no life bastard. This thread is posted to talk about the new Sinner album, One Bullet Left. My comments about the album and band are completely secondary as I am just passing an opinion and posting a new video so that people can say fuck yea they rule or whatever the hell they want. The whole point of posting is to start a discussion on the new album. For some one to say why did you start a thread to bash on them means they are not understanding the point of my posting the thread. I am a freak of metallic nature in that i like to try almost everything and pass comment and then let others decide whether they like it or not. Would it be better to start the post with these words: New Sinner video and link and nothing else. if so then I'll stop posting completely. Yeah I know I'm being a drama queen now but I seriously will stop if it gets up people's noses, it's not the first time I have done that on metal boards. I was a board hog on the Power Zone for ages and tried on PmX2 with no success cause those guys in the main don't give a fuck about metal. I'm still the king of the Death Cafe though! I'll have to start posting power metal and AOR tips there and then John Frank will hunt me down and kill me!

Look - It seems some people are not understanding my reson detre - yeah I know I am a sad no life bastard. This thread is posted to talk about the new Sinner album, One Bullet Left. My comments about the album and band are completely secondary as I am just passing an opinion and posting a new video so that people can say fuck yea they rule or whatever the hell they want. The whole point of posting is to start a discussion on the new album. For some one to say why did you start a thread to bash on them means they are not understanding the point of my posting the thread. I am a freak of metallic nature in that i like to try almost everything and pass comment and then let others decide whether they like it or not. Would it be better to start the post with these words: New Sinner video and link and nothing else. if so then I'll stop posting completely. Yeah I know I'm being a drama queen now but I seriously will stop if it gets up people's noses, it's not the first time I have done that on metal boards. I was a board hog on the Power Zone for ages and tried on PmX2 with no success cause those guys in the main don't give a fuck about metal. I'm still the king of the Death Cafe though! I'll have to start posting power metal and AOR tips there and then John Frank will hunt me down and kill me!

Pirage, I'll say it once again, keep on posting about all these bands and albums. You make us discover lots of interesting stuff. I don't care at all if you say that you don't like one band or another...You can't like them all, but you like lots of them...:D

Sorry dude...so I guess it's ok if you make the comment about the lead song/video on the new Sinner cd as being "lame and pointless", but it's not ok if I say the same thing about your post?:D
I just thought it odd that you would post this tune and then immediately rip into it....you could've just said that you would reserve your judgment until the cd comes out, or that you would hold your opinion and let others comment first, and then offer yours. Expressing your dislike in the first post of a thread you created just seems like you're bashing on the band.