Sinner

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
I am not really a fan of their last few CD's but this band really had some great songs. Anyone else like them. I think the following three are their best, and coincidentally were released in this order.

1. Sinner- Judgement Day
2. Sinner- The Nature Of Evil
3. Sinner- End Of Sanctuary

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought "Mask of Sanity" was a great record - I really enjoy just about every track on there. I have "End of Sanctuary" but was never too impressed with it. The Nature of Evil (the song) fucking rules though.

Yeah, Sinner has been around a long time, I remember picking up Fast Decision many moons ago; as far as favorites, I would have to go with The Nature Of Evil, Judgement Day and There Will Be Execution...

I really like Sinner a lot......"Judgement Day" kicked my ass when it first came out, and pretty much got me ready and excited when Primal Fear started up. Some of their older stuff is a little rough (Touch of Sin, Comin' Out Fighting.....etc), but everything from Judgement Day to Crash And Burn sounds terrific to me. Great, straight-ahead power rock/metal....I dig it!

I love them... I'd take them over Primal Fear any day. The Nature of Evil is one of my all time favorite power metal discs!

Long time Sinner fan. Can you believe this band has been around since 1982? I am probably drawn to their material because Mat is a huge Thin Lizzy fan (one of my favorite bands). Check out "Silly Thing" from Wild 'N' Evil (1982) or their most recent Lizzy tribute, "Connection" from Crash & Burn (2008). And of course they covered Lizzy's "The Sun Goes Down" and "Baby Please Don't Go."

from www.melodicrock.com :

"Germany's legendary heavy rockers Sinner are back with a new studio album and a reloaded line-up! Alongside main man Mat Sinner and guitarist Christof Leim (The New Black), the band now also features Alex Scholpp (Tarja, Farmer Boys) on guitars, André Hilgers (Rage) on drums and the comeback of Alex Beyrodt (Primal Fear, Voodoo Circle) on guitars. Yes, you got that right – three guitars! That's one louder!
The band is currently recording their new album One Bullet Left with producer Mat Sinner and engineer Achim Koehler in Stuttgart, Germany. A worldwide release date was set by AFM Records for Sept. 09, 2011, the first single & video Back On Trail will be available in early August! More news soon!
WebLink: www.matsinner.com."

sinner-2011.jpg

I really like Sinner a lot......"Judgement Day" kicked my ass when it first came out, and pretty much got me ready and excited when Primal Fear started up. Some of their older stuff is a little rough (Touch of Sin, Comin' Out Fighting.....etc), but everything from Judgement Day to Crash And Burn sounds terrific to me. Great, straight-ahead power rock/metal....I dig it!

I'm gonna second everything you wrote. Sinner just rocks and that band is underappreciated. I prefer the "newer" era (1995's Bottom Line and up) but even the 80s albums like Touch Of Sin and Danger Zone were pretty good.

My faves would be Judgement Day, The Nature Of Evil and There Will Be Execution. But Sinner didn't release a bad album since before Bottom Line. I prefer them when they're heavier like TWBE and THOE but the last 2 were still damn fine hard rocking stuff. Can't wait to hear the new disc later this year. Mat Sinner is a busy guy with Primal Fear, Sinner and all the other stuff he collaborates to.