Site ideas from a fan's perspective...

Xack

Check Out My Member
Sep 2, 2005
There are a lot of bases covered for the new site, but I was wondering if there any ideas YOU all would like to see?

Keep in mind, if you want TABs, remember how busy Dan is and depending on Dag's schedule, it's hard to say how long it'd take to start posting tabs... (just a reality check)...

There will be a very extensive Swanö mailing list, so that is already covered.

What about a complete release list, with explanations about what is what? And most of all, I want the old material from swano.com :)

AnTz0r said:
What about a complete release list, with explanations about what is what?

Yeah, that is a good idea... I am working on (and almost completed) EVERY track that Nightingale has done for various compilations (some were mentioned in some other forum threads)... along with some places to look for them... I'm a rarity junkie so...

AnTz0r said:
And most of all, I want the old material from swano.com :)

the swano.com material I have to dig up, I'm supposed to send the EOS demos (that were available to DL) to one forum member already, but I still have to find the CD... but I did download EVERYTHING while it was available, but the Nightingale demos were all broken links... but server space\monthly bandwidth limitations WILL not be a problem... (that's all I got to say about that)

no need... server space & monthly transfer limit is no obsticle at all... I assure you...

Xack said:
Yeah, that is a good idea... I am working on (and almost completed) EVERY track that Nightingale has done for various compilations (some were mentioned in some other forum threads)... along with some places to look for them... I'm a rarity junkie so...
[/I]

I have some snippets of NG's first show Dag had on his page ages ago. And some remakes of "I" songs.
Do you allready have those?

i have a couple of those mp3's and the entire mp3 of Dan hosting the radio show recently with his choice of tracks & their playing of "Better Safe Than Sorry" at the end

Will comment more later on rarities... not going to give anything away... the radio show would be cool, esp streaming since retail tracks are involved.

Xack said:
Will comment more later on rarities... not going to give anything away... the radio show would be cool, esp streaming since retail tracks are involved.
I actually have the captured real media stream of the radio show before I converted it to mp3. I can send you the .rm file if you wish. That would probably make it easier to stream. If this is ok with WBWC that is...

Called, left message for DJ, if I don't hear back before 10:15 PM (EST; US) ... I'll let you all know after I talk w/ the DJ, the office rep that picked up seemed like their would not be a problem at all as long as their site\station got a plug

I got Moontower edited Demo version: it has Add Reality, Encounterparts, Creating Illusions and uncreation

And a file called "Dan goes aggrometal", "Instrumental pre-moontower idea" (it appears modified in Crimson 2)

And "Jag kan inte leva utan dig"

And "Lost in heaven" Unreleased solodemo from xmas 1989

Sunflower suit (test demo from 1992), with falsetto vocals! (is it dag or dan? it's very ugly anyway hahaha)

And a file called "unreleased soft part from moontower sessions" ("i see you standing at the tower")

if you want any of it send pm :)

I called Allen (DJ at WBWC) and he's totally cool with providing a copy of the show... I'm sure a lot of us missed it or would like to hear it again so it'll be available shortly.

Many thanks to Allen at the radio station & Kenneth & Stilgar for bringing it up!

Xack said:
I called Allen (DJ at WBWC) and he's totally cool with providing a copy of the show... I'm sure a lot of us missed it or would like to hear it again so it'll be available shortly.

Many thanks to Allen at the radio station & Kenneth & Stilgar for bringing it up!
Cool. :) So that means you'll get the stuff directly from him, and I don't have to send you a thing?

Hey folks!

Glad you mentioned the radio show! I'm glad to help out with spreading the internet love of our favourite musician(s)! Some may also recall I hosted a Dan Swano special where I played tracks from his various projects for three hours. I may have that available, I'll have to dig, but we'll do our best. Thanks for continued support of WBWC, you are all great folks! :headbang:

Allen

Allen, yeah if you can dig it up that would be great, if you can't I understand as well. (I'm still looking through stacks of cds for ones I know exsist)

Thanks Allen!

Xack, I thought of something else!

Commonly asked question - about the storyline for Breathing Shadow part 1-4, and also Crimson 1&2! Perhaps you could have that info up so that people who don't already know can understand the concepts

True, very good idea...

This also reminds me of something off topic, but the Japanese version of "I" has the lyrics for Shadows I - III... Not to mention, the Japanese pressings always have better sound & bonus tracks. I've compaired every Jap. cd I've gotten against the US releases (in my case) and they ALWAYS sound better... Most of the EOS discs have bonus tracks, but BS 1 & I both do not...

EOS:
- Spectral - Bleed
- Purgatory - Until Eternity Ends & Eternal Eclipse
- Infernal - None unless my main Japanese source is wrong (< Not in my collectoin)
- Crimson I - Murder Divided

* These are available on other releases, but definitely do not match the sound quality of the standard black mark releases (Europe & US)... HAIL THE JAPANESE!!!!!!!

* On another note... Anthrax's Persistance of Time is definitely heavier (mainly the drums and a little guitar) and has "Protest & Survive" w/ a different mastering than on B's. Also P&S is before "Discharge", which makes the listen a little different after all these years.