Site ideas from a fan's perspective...

Xack said:
This also reminds me of something off topic, but the Japanese version of "I" has the lyrics for Shadows I - III...

My European version has it, too. I thought it was a general thing to release "I" with all the lyrics until then, is there a version that doesn´t have them?

fireangel said:
My European version has it, too. I thought it was a general thing to release "I" with all the lyrics until then, is there a version that doesn´t have them?

Yes, the normal "I" version has all the lyrics.
But the Japan version of "The breathing shadow" has the "breathing shadow" lyrics as bonus. I've seen it. :)

I don't think my US "I" has all three, but I'll check... I remember getting the japanese in the mail and thinking how much thicker the sleeve booklet was... I may be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first.

Timmeth said:
a big sights and sounds page
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S INSTORE FOR YOU...

Unicorn said:
Yes, the normal "I" version has all the lyrics.
But the Japan version of "The breathing shadow" has the "breathing shadow" lyrics as bonus. I've seen it. :)

:wave:

So maybe the U.S.version was then different, unless Xack confirms otherwise ;)
No point for me in getting "Breathing Shadow" just for the lyrics which are in the "I" - booklet, too, but I would be curious concerning the mentioned difference in sound. The only japanese version of something I have is Children Of Bodom´s Tokyo Warhearts :D because at that time, this record wasn´t released in Europe at all, it appeared only later.

I don´t anymore collect the same things just for the sake of having a complete collection. I´d rather travel for that money; I would only look for it/buy it / d/l it when it´s different in some way, or has new songs.

NP: oomph! - GlaubeLiebeTod

Xack said:
I did download EVERYTHING while it was available, but the Nightingale demos were all broken links... but server space\monthly bandwidth limitations WILL not be a problem... (that's all I got to say about that)

I have a couple of Nightingale demos (Game Over and The Journey's End) and a cover that were up on the site (From a Dry Camel).

fireangel, I agree with your collecting philosophy - new/different songs, better quality, sure, but if it's just a matter of packaging I'd rather spend my money & time on something else.

NP: From a Dry Camel :headbang:

Hello forum.
Well, i have to say that i was the one who uploaded all the stuff from swano.com when it was online.
I have all the cds Dan sent me and i can help with the upload stuff, i'm waiting for the ISP assholes to increase my upload speed, so when i have done that, i can upload all the stuff.

Let me know if you need my help okay?

i hope the new swano.com be a total kick-ass site!!

Oh, what should be also included is the whole story of The Breathing Shadow. I meant to say that earlier and forgot, and was reminded by the new topic here.
There is one interview (out of several there) by JimLotFP in the mag´s archives, where Dan tells pretty much all about the first 3 albums. This part should be put on the page, either with permission by Jim or through a link to his mag, because it is being asked all the time about this.

lumen said:
fireangel, I agree with your collecting philosophy - new/different songs, better quality, sure, but if it's just a matter of packaging I'd rather spend my money & time on something else.

yep, it´s just too expensive and no point for similar things. Even though it´s moderate with EOS-Stuff and some people like to have the vinyl. But if you are a Nightwish-collector for example, then Goth bless your bank account :D