Six flags

Apr 3, 2005
IL
How many of you guys still have enough inner child left in you to go to Six flags. I'm going to fright fest on saturday. I'm highly looking forward to it.

Went this summer, On the most packed day of the year might I add. Waited over 3 Hrs to ride Superman (Not even worth a 30 min wait I found out) I was there from open to close. and only got to go on 4 rides. Waste of time and money. Its also to cold now for me to go to a place like that.

I went for my B-day,well, a week after B-day!!
It was great I still think the great american scream machine is there best coaster (N.J).I did not wanna leave,I felt like I was 8 years old!!
I wanna go back.

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
I went for my B-day,well, a week after B-day!!
It was great I still think the great american scream machine is there best coaster (N.J).I did not wanna leave,I felt like I was 8 years old!!
I wanna go back.

Haha. Thats how I feel every time. I'm getting a season pass next year.

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
Went this summer, On the most packed day of the year might I add. Waited over 3 Hrs to ride Superman (Not even worth a 30 min wait I found out) I was there from open to close. and only got to go on 4 rides. Waste of time and money. Its also to cold now for me to go to a place like that.

Well go again. Awesome place. Really passes the time. And its only 40 bucks to get in. Figure it this way its better to go when its cold then when its hot. Because when its hot-
1. Theres a million people there
2. You have to walk around forever and swet
3. you have to wait in the long lines in the heat and get sunburn

and when its october-
1.All you need to bring is a swet shirt because walking makes u swet
2.Buy hot chocolate so you wont freeze in the lines
3.not as many peopel are there

Cheers,
thrasher

Went to Great America this past weekend for Fright Fest. First time I've been there in 6 years. The crowds weren't that bad early on. The longest wait was an hour for Superman. Practically walked on Vertical Velocity when I first got in (gates opened at 10). We ended up leaving at 6, though, because we rode all the major coasters already and I was freezing.

BTW- If you want to save a couple bucks, pre-purchase your tix at the six flags website. You save $8 and don't have to wait in line at the ticket booths.

I'd still go to Canada's Wonderland if I got the chance. We don't have Six Flags where I live. I've been to Wonderland a million times over the years, 'cause I used to get a seasons pass every year as a kid, and I live 20 min from the park. Great times!

This is my second year with a season pass. They are totally fucking worth getting... they pay for themselves in less than two trips. Plus they have days that are season-pass-holder-only!

I'm also going to Fright Fest this Saturday. If anyone's gonna be at the Six Flags in NJ look for a group of young metal heads wearing satanic band shirts!

For all you Illinois 'Thraxers - do you remember the ride that I think used to be called the "Sky Whirl"? It was a three-armed monster with basket cages that you'd get into, and you'd be gently spun in a circle over the park grounds?

The older I get, the more my equillibrium gets messed up - I used to love that ride as a kid, but I almost did the technicolor yawn halfway through the ride. :puke:

Don't get me started on coasters - I'm a self-professed chicken. Tried 'em, didn't like 'em, thank you very much. Needless to say, a day at Six Flags is pretty fucking boring for me, though now I can watch girls in bikinis at the water park. :dopey:

dailyvault said:
For all you Illinois 'Thraxers - do you remember the ride that I think used to be called the "Sky Whirl"? It was a three-armed monster with basket cages that you'd get into, and you'd be gently spun in a circle over the park grounds?

Before I broke my roller coaster cherry (on the Eagle, of course), I used to love that ride!

Sadly, it's not there anymore. I think they put Deja Vu up in its place. But, the basket cages are currently making an appearance during Fright Fest. They are used to house aliens in "Area 51" (aka Hometown Square).

dailyvault said:

The older I get, the more my equillibrium gets messed up - I used to love that ride as a kid, but I almost did the technicolor yawn halfway through the ride. :puke:

Don't get me started on coasters - I'm a self-professed chicken. Tried 'em, didn't like 'em, thank you very much. Needless to say, a day at Six Flags is pretty fucking boring for me, though now I can watch girls in bikinis at the water park. :dopey:

You'd love The Bat ride at Canada's Wonderland. :lol:It's a rollercoaster, and you basically go straight up to the top of the coaster, and then you're shot back down REALLY FAST backwards. You have no idea when it's gonna go back down either. You'd LOVE it! j/k :lol:

I have been to the Six Flags thats close to Chicago when I was about 13 and it totally blew...One of the worst theme parks imo. I about puked my guts out :puke: waiting in line for the Batman ride. They kept blowing smoke in the tunnel we had to wait in and it just made me ill. I got a sweet Slayer mirror at one of the stands though:headbang: SLAYER coming to a theme park near you!!!! If you want to go to a good amusement park then go to Cedar Point

strik9 said:
You'd love The Bat ride at Canada's Wonderland. :lol:It's a rollercoaster, and you basically go straight up to the top of the coaster, and then you're shot back down REALLY FAST backwards. You have no idea when it's gonna go back down either. You'd LOVE it! j/k :lol:

Strik, if I wanted that kind of abuse, I'd stay home with the wife.:D

The only reason I even go to Six Flags is for my kids, knowing full well my wife couldn't manage the three of them in that place alone. This year was weird in that I actually got to go on about three or four rides - most years it's a miracle if I even get on one, and that's the Columbia carousel. Just far too expensive.

Hell, if I want a real ride, I'll leave the kids with the mother-in-law and take my wife to Adventure Inn by the Gurnee/Waukegan border... a lot cheaper and more enjoyable for me, IMHO... :devil:

I grew up in Milwaukee and went there several times in high school, then 2 friends worked there. The last time I was there was in 1997 or so, and I had enough. Too fucking expensive, SHITTIEST food I've ever had, you can't even take your shirt off and fucking hotter than fuck. I don't think I'll ever go back.

My missus' cousin was recently living in LA and decided to go to Six Flags - he showed me the photos and I shat my pants just looking at some of those rides.