spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Last Updated: 10/8/2002 8:29:00 PM

SKID ROW To Issue New CD In November - Oct. 8, 2002

The long-awaited new SKID ROW studio album, believed to be titled Thick Is
The Skin, is complete and will be launched online within weeks, according to
MelodicRock.com. The CD will be available on the band's soon-to-be-launched
official web site within weeks, possibly as early as the first
week of November. For the time being, the album will only be available through the
web site while the band continue to seek label deals for North America, Japan and
Europe. An extensive tour is planned beginning in March.

Among the tracks tentatively set to appear on the CD are the following:

01. Thick Is The Skin
02. Ghost
03. Born A Beggar
04. Glam
05. Swallow Me
06. Mouth Of Voodoo
07. Down
08. New Generation
09. I Remember You 2002 ("punk" version)

In other SKID ROW-related news, the band have reportedly split with longtime
manager Doc McGhee.

I cant believe Skid Row cant even get a label to release their album :( It may very well suck, so they all stayed away, but I highly doubt it.

Whats with rerecording a classic too? Thats very very silly. Punk version my ass.

Anyways, cant wait to get it, ill be ordering it the day its out!

P.S. Troops! Look closely at the tracklisting! Could this be the album you have waited the last 11 years for? :eek:

I was just recording a new song then myself. May I say it sounds damn good! Can't find a good guitar sound yet so I'm still fiddling but it has this awesome awesome raunchy metal groove and I recorded the rhythm guitar over the bass/drums to solo along with in the intro solo and the main solo and it actually sounded really cool! It just has that perfect groove and lots of breathing space to make even a single note just sound great haha. It's so '80s! Sounds like a hard rocking Ratt (the groovier, sleazier songs like "Lovin You Is A Diyrty Job and Slip Of The Lip) but with screaming VVI style guitars lol. I just need a band now!

When its done I may put it up somewhere hehe. :)

I need to find someone to sing it though coz I can't sing! Can anybody here sing in nasty sounding sleazy glam voice ala Vince Neil/Stephen Pearcy or preferably higher like Mark Slaughter, Robert Fleischmann, Axl Rose, etc.? :lol:

Please note the absence of any sort of emoticon in Mark's post, indicating that he is VERY SERIOUS. Also, Moony is a singer and I didn't hear her complain when I was singing along to Dungeon while standing next to her :)

Oh, and my other credentials include:

* When I was in the Silkstone State School boys' choir we won the Ipswich Eisteddford (I know I didn't spell that right). Therefore I was officially one of the best singers in town back in 1988.

* I sang karaoke at Mark's wedding with the groom, and we received a huge round of applause afterwards. Remember the partying when the Berlin Wall was knocked down? And do you remember the partying when Sydney won their bid for the Olympics? Nothing compared to the reception Mark and I received.

That's right. AND we had demands for an encore. May I add this is all due to Spiff's involvement, as I was crap. But he saved the performence, on a very difficult piece and at short notice.

He's a professional.

'Sayin.