Skydiving tomorrow...

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
All right my friends I've decided to take the plunge at 9 AM tomorrow for the first time, tandem holy shit I'm nervous. Anyone ever done it? I hope I don't have a panic attack on the way down it's gonna be from 12,000 ft:yell:If I suddenly drop off of this board check the obituaries lol. I've already got my animals taken care of in case I die but just in case my chute doesn't open I love you guys and wish you the best!:fu:

ha ha. it's funny you mention this. I went sky diving sometime in the late 90's, also tandem. They video taped it. I have the cassette somewhere. They let me choose a song to put in the final edit and I chose Crush from volume 8. I still like this song but if I were to choose again, I'd go with Aces High by maiden. This was probably one of few cd's I had on hand as I never liked travelling with more than 12 cd's at a time because people would always jack my shit and never return them. This was back in the days before people had streaming music in their pockets 24/7.

On another note:
I bartend every now and then at my friend's pub. She called me up to help her out tonight. When I showed up, my barback had a Testament shirt on. pretty bad ass

So, how'd it go? You still with us?

I've always wanted to try skydiving. I've been afraid of heights my whole life, so it would be me trying to conquer my fears.

I survived! That was honestly the coolest thing I've ever done and will definitely be doing it again. We went up to 13,500 feet and jumped, I was afraid I would panic when I got to the door but it happens so fast you just do it. Plus you're concentrating on doing everything the instructor told you on the ground like arching your back and keeping your head back. We were in freefall for 60 seconds before pulling the chute then glided the rest of the way for about 8 minutes. Going through the clouds was a trip. It's funny after you stop accelerating and are freefalling at 120 MPH it doesn't even feel like you're falling because you're so high the ground isn't becoming noticably closer, just feels like you're flying. It fucking ruled I highly recommend it if you haven't done it. It was in Zephyrhills Florida it cost $199 but we all got 30 bucks off because we had a big group. I didn't get the video but that was $100 more.

Hahahaha. When I saw the title of the thread I thought of that song too.

Sufferer - sounds awesome but in all honesty I am too scared to even think about doing something like that. I could imagine how incredible it would be though.

All right my friends I've decided to take the plunge at 9 AM tomorrow for the first time, tandem holy shit I'm nervous. Anyone ever done it? I hope I don't have a panic attack on the way down it's gonna be from 12,000 ft:yell:If I suddenly drop off of this board check the obituaries lol. I've already got my animals taken care of in case I die but just in case my chute doesn't open I love you guys and wish you the best!:fu:

if you're seriously worried about having a lethal panic attack in the air
just get yourself really mellowed out on some Xanax/Klonopin/Valium/Seroquel (whichever one you can get ahold of) before you get on the plane

Edit
I'm an idiot
i responded to the first post before i read the reast of the thread

if you're seriously worried about having a lethal panic attack in the air
just get yourself really mellowed out on some Xanax/Klonopin/Valium/Seroquel (whichever one you can get ahold of) before you get on the plane

Edit
I'm an idiot
i responded to the first post before i read the reast of the thread
Ha ha no panic attack I loved it!

everyone thats ever done it has said its a blast,i dont know if i would ever pay to jump but if i recieved it as a gift or won it i would probably take the plunge lol,glad u enjoyed it

I jumped back in 1998. It is exactly how you described it.

I just remembered that I knew that I would never be in any of their commercials as I swore when the camera guy came up to me after the landing. He asked me how it was and I responded that was f'in great! :D

I jumped back in 1998. It is exactly how you described it.

I just remembered that I knew that I would never be in any of their commercials as I swore when the camera guy came up to me after the landing. He asked me how it was and I responded that was f'in great! :D
That's great! Every roller coaster I go on I scream FUCK the entire time so I'm surprised I didn't when skydiving.

i totally want to go skydiving
just don't have any money
if somehow i (or someone else) could pay for it
then i'd totally go