SLASH Interviewed On Australia's TRIPLE M (Audio)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Dave "Higgo" Higgins of Australia's long-running rock station Triple M recently conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Slash. You can now listen to the full chat in two parts below.Slash will release his new album, "World On Fire", on September 15. The former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist and his backing band, MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, recorded 17 songs for the follow-up to 2012's "Apocalyptic Love". Among the tracks on the record are "Shadow Life", "Automatic Overdrive", "Wicked Stone", "Bent To Fly", "Battleground" and the title track, which also serves as the set's first single.In a recent interview with Guitar World, Slash stated about his band's songwriting process: "While we're on the road, I'll record acoustic/electric ideas into the voice memo recorder on my phone. It's very laid back, with no pressure to make a hit song or even to try to make a record. It's just me putting ideas down. I'll do that through the course of the tour, and at the same time Myles [Kennedy, vocals] will sing melody ideas into his phone. After the tour is over, we'll collect the ideas and then I'll go through all the different musical concepts we've created and pick out the ones that sound good. While Myles is out with ALTER BRIDGE, I'll go into a rehearsal room with Brent [Fitz, drums] and Todd [Kerns, bass] and start getting the grooves together and send the loose arrangements to Myles. Once Myles is off the road with ALTER BRIDGE, he'll come in with us and we'll work out the arrangements and put it all together." Slash released his first self-titled solo effort in 2010. On that album he employed a different vocalist on each track, before settling on ALTER BRIDGE member Kennedy for both touring and eventually recording."Apocalyptic Love" earned Slash his two first-ever No. 1 U.S. rock radio hits with "You're A Lie" and "Standing In The Sun".The former GUNS N' ROSES member and Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee is taking his band on the road this summer for both headlining dates and a tour with AEROSMITH.listen to ‘Slash interview on Triple M with Higgo and Rosie’ on Audioboo
listen to ‘Slash interview Triple M with Higgo and Rosie’ on Audioboo

More...