SLASH Was Blown Away The First Time He Heard MYLES KENNEDY Sing

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Slash told Rocksverige.se that he was blown away with singer Myles Kennedy the first time he ever heard his voice, saying, "I had never met him before, I had just heard about him. I didn't even know what he sang like. I asked him to sing a song on my (first) solo record with all the different singers, and he was fucking great. Then we met, he came to L.A. and we recorded the studio version of 'Starlight'." Slash added, "I just really liked him, he's very laid back and cool. At that point I asked him if he wanted to do a tour with me to support that album. I guess it was obvious to me somehow that he could sing the bulk of the material from that solo record and it was just a gut feeling he could sing all the GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER and SNAKEPIT stuff." Slash told The Pulse Of Radio that his singer is one of the most dedicated musicians he's ever worked with: "You know, Myles is pretty interesting. I mean, he sings great, he's a great lyricist, all he does is work, he loves to tour. He works constantly, but when he's not working onstage, he's working in his room, writing stuff and, you know, in the studio he's always there. So he's sort of odd. [laughs]" Slash's second album with Kennedy on vocals, titled "World On Fire", will be released on September 15. Slash's previous effort with this group, called MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, was 2012's "Apocalyptic Love". Slash said that the new disc is diverse, adding, "I hate to just write and stay in one vein. It is primarily all hard rock just with little different rhythmic twists." Slash and AEROSMITH will team up for a U.S. tour this summer, beginning on July 10 in Wantagh, New York.

More...