Slate samples - can they be bought separately?

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Can Slate samples be bought separately ? I don;t know too much about it , is it like Drumagog where it has its own replacer ? Or are they just samples? Cause I have drumagog already , and I saw the Metal pack listed there for 60 bucks (sounds awesome). I would totally buy it if I could use it with Drumagog , unless they pull some gay shit where you have to buy the whole standard edition first to use it.

When you buy Slate stuff you get WAV files, GOG files, and the Kore Instrument Player thing.

To get the metal pack you have to buy Slate EX and then get the Metal and More expansion, but it's 2 for 1 just now so you'd get something else too. The consensus is that Essential Rock and Pop Vol. 3 is the best for metal stuff, but I got Vol. 2 as I liked the clips better.

Thanks for the reply man - that's cool they give you the gog files , but to have to buy the standard thing first is kinda lame.

He isn't the only company to have that kind of structure.

I suppose you're right there. Well I guess I will buy the whole thing eventually. It does have some great samples. Is their sampler better than Drumagog? I like Drumagog a lot but I'd hate to kinda just totally have no use for it anymore if I buy this thing.

Am I reading their site correctly - in the middle of the page it looks like it says SSD EX plus 2 expansion packs for $159 ? That's not a bad deal if that's ALL I need ... also , I don't know if I like the download only thing ... are you able to back them up to a disk or something ? And if the files were ever lost can you re download through the site at no charge?

I guess I'll just buy the hard copy for now and get the other pack later ... surprised they don't have a hard copy for the add ons