TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Artist: Slave to the System
Title: Slave to the System
Release Date: 2005
Label: Spitfire

Slave to the System has delivered a fresh sounding original album. This is a new band featuring Scott Rockenfield (drums, Queensryche), Damon Johnson (vocals/guitar, Brother Cane), Kelly Gray (guitar, ex-Queensryche), Roman Glick (bass, Brother Cane), and Scott Heard (guitar/vocals). The style of music is mostly hard rock with some elements of heavy metal and post grunge throughout the album. The one thing you will not hear on this album is Queensryche. Comparisons to Audioslave, Soundgarden, and Velvet Revolver come to mind while listening to the album. While these other artists come to mind I feel that Slave to the System can stand on their own and be a major force along with the mentioned bands. The artists involved with this band have been around and put out a lot of records. This album shows the creative force in all of them balled into one album and the results are good. The band did not aim for a certain style of music. They just got together and what came out is what came out. The album flows nicely, nothing is forced and you can hear how tight the band is and know theres a good vibe going around the studio as they play. I feel these guys have a lot to offer. While this is not quite my cup of tea I will not deny that it is good quality music. I can see them going somewhere and I can see these songs being played on mainstream local hard rock station WDHA FM 105.5.

http://www.metalasylum.net