off-topics (slightly---cool new Rock and Roll)

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I know we have some fans here os hard rock and last night at work, I had the radio turned on to the local rock station, when I heard this song come on.... I said "That sounds like Brother Cane !!" Well, it was the most important part of Brother Cane, namely former lead guitarist/lead vocalist Damon Johnson in his new band, Slave to the System. This band also includes Queensryche drummer Scott Rockenfeld. The new song I am referring to is called "Stigmata." Very cool stuff to check out for fans of hard rock.

Bryant

Ordered this and got it in the mail a week ago. I'd been hearing Stigmata quite frequently on XM. The album is not all as heavy as that song, but it is a really good album. Johnson's voice is great, and Kelly Gray also plays guitar on, and produced this album.

Funny thing is that most of the album was written like 5 years ago. After searching through some cdr's, I found a version of this album that I've had for almost 4 years. Haven't gotten around to comparing the 2 side by side yet though....

Platinum Maze said:
Ordered this and got it in the mail a week ago. I'd been hearing Stigmata quite frequently on XM. The album is not all as heavy as that song, but it is a really good album. Johnson's voice is great, and Kelly Gray also plays guitar on, and produced this album.

Funny thing is that most of the album was written like 5 years ago. After searching through some cdr's, I found a version of this album that I've had for almost 4 years. Haven't gotten around to comparing the 2 side by side yet though....

I know SLave to the System released another album several years back. I never got around to ordering it. It's the same one ? I'll probably buy it. I own all (well all three) of the Brother Cane stuff. It doesn't seem to be too far away from the Brother Cane style being Damon is the mastermind behind the band. I've always liked Damon's vocals. He's got a very unique sound that seperates him from others.

www.damonjohnson.com

Bryant