Super cool new Rock and Roll song...

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Jet has a new album out. For those that don't know the band, they sound a little like 70's AC/DC. It is unpretentious, sweaty, rock and roll. They do nothing new, but they rock and fill a void that no other band does. They have a video for their new song called "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is." Cool stuff !!

Bryant

That record is okay, but if you're wanting some true retro 70's AC/DC ish stuff look no futher than White Demons...

white_demons_say_go.gif

sixxswine said:
That record is okay, but if you're wanting some true retro 70's AC/DC ish stuff look no futher than White Demons...

I haven't heard the whole CD, just the one song. I haven't heard this "White Demons" either. Sounds interesting.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I haven't heard the whole CD, just the one song. I haven't heard this "White Demons" either. Sounds interesting.

Bryant

You know it's a fair album, but after their debut, it pales in comparison.
I think it's fucking brilliant that they are working that track onto radio as
it is the strongest one on the album...
They'll sell records on that song alone.
www.myspace.com/whitedemons

sixxswine said:
You know it's a fair album, but after their debut, it pales in comparison.
I think it's fucking brilliant that they are working that track onto radio as
it is the strongest one on the album...
They'll sell records on that song alone.
[URL="http://www.myspace.com/whitedemons"]www.myspace.com/whitedemons[/URL]

That is too bad (that the whole CD isn't that great) because I have been playing the shit out of that song. My wife even got out of bed telling me to be quiet because I was playing air drums (stomping on the floor) and singing the backing vocals. That song rips.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Yeah I know Rhino Bucket. They were pretty cool. Are they still around ?

Bryant

yes just released a new album called and then it got ugly. its the first new album by them in since around 1994, not sure if its good though but i have heard it was

Hey I like Jet! I have been wanting to check them out. I like it that those kids are not trend driven but choose their own style regardless of what is popular.

We need more band like that. I am gonna check out Rhino Bucket and White Demons as well. Thanks Sixx and mdmatt4ever!

Hawk said:
Hey I like Jet! I have been wanting to check them out. I like it that those kids are not trend driven but choose their own style regardless of what is popular.

We need more band like that. I am gonna check out Rhino Bucket and White Demons as well. Thanks Sixx and mdmatt4ever!

I agree 100% The thing about Jet is that it is easy to hear they love what they are doing. It is pure heart. I hear stuff like The Beatles in them too from the samples I heard from CDNOW.com. Lots of these new alterna-rock bands play old Rickenbacher guitars and stuff and have an "oldschool" vibe, and some aren't bad at all, but Jet is the real deal. It seems like these guys live for oldschool rock and roll.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I agree 100% The thing about Jet is that it is easy to hear they love what they are doing. It is pure heart. I hear stuff like The Beatles in them too from the samples I heard from CDNOW.com. Lots of these new alterna-rock bands play old Rickenbacher guitars and stuff and have an "oldschool" vibe, and some aren't bad at all, but Jet is the real deal. It seems like these guys live for oldschool rock and roll.

Bryant

Exactly thats the feeling I am getting as well.
Btw Bryant have you seen my new Myspace profile? Since it was you that got me into that Myspace thingie you might want to check out my profile:

http://www.myspace.com/hawk999

And leave a comment! \,,/

See you next year in Atlanta!!

Hawk said:
Exactly thats the feeling I am getting as well.
Btw Bryant have you seen my new Myspace profile? Since it was you that got me into that Myspace thingie you might want to check out my profile:

http://www.myspace.com/hawk999

And leave a comment! \,,/

See you next year in Atlanta!!

I have seen your Myspace page. I will definitely leave a comment next time I get on Myspace. That Crescent Shield you have playing is cool and different.

Back to the Jet... I normally turn my nose up to typical sex lyrics, but I love those in the chorus. "Show me yours"...... "I'll show you mine"... ha ha ha. That takes me back to my attempts at losing my sexual innocence a couple of years ago.
As far as PPVIII Redemption will be playing. Great band !!

Bryant

Jet are from my hometown, can't stand them to be honest. I don't really see all that much AC/DC in their sound either (I spose when I think of bands with more of an AC/DC influence I think of the harder rockin ones like Kix, Rhino Bucket, Jackyl, Johnny Crash, etc)... There are tons of bands in Melbourne who have that Jet kinda sound, so I spose it kinda bores me. And they all look the same too... Not into that 60s retro op-shop clothes & shaggy hair kinda image. I like the bands who give the AC/DC sound even more of a kick in the ass with bigger guitar tones & bigger choruses & more attitude... Rather than tone it down with a bit of a Rolling Stones influence thrown in like Jet...

There is another Melbourne band too (actually they are from a small town in the country in Victoria a few hours from Melbourne) called Airborne who I think rock alot more than Jet, but I think their problem is that they sound absolutely identical to AC/DC, and even look identical right down to the Bon Scott outfit & hair, cherry SG, duck walking, rhythm guitarist who looks like Malcolm's long lost twin, etc! But I think they are excellent live, put on a great show and rock pretty damn hard... Heard they were in LA at the same time as us recording an album.

Oh yeah by the way, there is a song off the 6th Kix album from the mid-90s called "Put My Money Where Your Mouth Is", THAT song is 100% AC/DC (sounds alot like Riff Raff) and that rocks!!!!!

OK, somebody here must know this since there are more Bon Scott era AC/DC fans.... I saw a video on Headbanger's Ball about a month back. Very 70's AC/DC-ish - made a mental note to write it down but totally forgot who it was-
I seldom watch HB so I've got no clue who it can be. Anybody able to point me in the right direction? Sure like to get the CD.

Thanks for any help...
PMR

Trixxi Trash said:
Oh yeah by the way, there is a song off the 6th Kix album from the mid-90s called "Put My Money Where Your Mouth Is", THAT song is 100% AC/DC (sounds alot like Riff Raff) and that rocks!!!!!

Great replies on this Trixx !! Good to see you still around. I only think a few of Jet's songs sound much like AC/DC. What makes me dig them is not that, nor originality, which they have little of. I just think they sound inspired as opposed to trendy. They seem like they love what they are doing and it comes across on disc.

Bryant

I think I'm just a little sour on them because since Jet made it big, Melbourne has become flooded with clones who look & sound like them so it's the whole "Jet sound" in general that I don't like, rather than the band Jet themselves. And I think some bands here who used to be more metal or more glam have taken a change in direction to fit in with the Jet crowd too which is disappointing (the last thing we need here is more Jet-style bands, and it sucks to be losing glam & metal bands which we need more of!) and something I know we'll never be doing! You definitely won't see us dropping the long hair & makeup and metal guitar tone to go for the more popular shaggy hair & unshaven look with retro rock guitar tones...

I think I'm just a little sour on them because since Jet made it big, Melbourne has become flooded with clones who look & sound like them so it's the whole "Jet sound" in general that I don't like, rather than the band Jet themselves. And I think some bands here who used to be more metal or more glam have taken a change in direction to fit in with the Jet crowd too which is disappointing (the last thing we need here is more Jet-style bands, and it sucks to be losing glam & metal bands which we need more of!) and something I know we'll never be doing! You definitely won't see us dropping the long hair & makeup and metal guitar tone to go for the more popular shaggy hair & unshaven look with retro rock guitar tones...

I understand 100% my down under partner !! One of the main reasons I like Jet is because I feel like they are honest about what they are doing. Maybe some of their fans only like their success, but that is the business. Jet, to me, is a quality band playing music you get nowhere else.

Bryant

Agreed I think they are too, I guess it's just easy to forget that when all the followers copying them in the scene are the opposite!