SLAYER/Marilyn Manson headlines Mayhem Fest

If Behemoth was farther up the ladder it would be perfect! I would show up a little later and take in Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Trivium, Have couple beers during BFMV and the catch Manson and Slayer... Sounds like a good time out to me!

I hope it is going to be as cheap as last year as well. I have never gotten to see Slayer or Manson, so that would definately be cool(plus my wife wants to and has never seen Manson), I like some of BFMV so I would definately check out their set, I am not a fan of Cannibal Corpse but would definately check them out and bet I would enjoy them live, and I could care less for job for a cowboy, whitechapel, and god forbid(didn't like them the least bit and thought they were awful when I saw them a few years back with ill nino). Overall it is a more enjoyable line-up then last year, and last year was a fun show.

I won't. Thanks.

Isn't the point of a festival to give exposure to deserving bands, exposing them to a larger audience? In turn, the masses may discover new bands?
Just nothing fresh here from such a large festival.

Isn't the main highlight of a fest like Prog Power discovering new bands?

Of course, every fest needs a handful of bigger known bands to get folks in the door, but the appeal is usually in the undercard.

No, the point of festivals is to get people to come spend money. Bands get the biggest exposure by word of mouth. Most people go to these festivals to see the bands they know and go wait in the ridiculously long bathroom lines during the bands they don't.

Only the diehard Metalheads go to these things (myself included) to take in every band and give them each a chance. These are the ones who are at the gate as soon as it opens and stay until the end. The average festival goer doesn't give a shit about any other bands except the two or three they came to see...after that its all about drink till you :puke: which pisses me off!

Don't take offense if you are one of these people, just don't puke on me! :p

I would be saying the same thing if Prog Power next year was Primal Fear, Stratovarius, Therion, Kamelot, Evergrey, and Symphony X. Sure, good bands and good package, but nothing too unique.

Umm, considering that it's highly unlikely that Therion will ever play the States again, at least one of those bands is pretty fucking far from "nothing too unique."

Killswitch Engage is also on the main stage

Ahh, then Tim can play that "Fixation on the Darkness" song a time...or twenty...more. :lol:

The average festival goer doesn't give a shit about any other bands except the two or three they came to see...after that its all about drink till you :puke: which pisses me off!

Ok, so you are disagreeing with me and agreeing with me at the same time then.

It has been proven time and time again.
These "big" packages that have the same bands over and over again dwindle in quality each year. It has happened outside of metal too, with Lollapalooza (though they have come back nicely actually), Warped Tour, HORDE Festival, and then of course Ozzfest, Sounds of the Underground, Gigantour, etc, etc.

Ok, so you are disagreeing with me and agreeing with me at the same time then.

It has been proven time and time again.
These "big" packages that have the same bands over and over again dwindle in quality each year. It has happened outside of metal too, with Lollapalooza (though they have come back nicely actually), Warped Tour, HORDE Festival, and then of course Ozzfest, Sounds of the Underground, Gigantour, etc, etc.

Yes its what I do! :loco: I just think that festivals are great with a great line-up, but if you don't like it then just don't go...plenty of other people will take your place.

Personally, I think this Mayhem thing will be pretty kick ass. There are other festivals I simply won't go to because of the money hungry bastards that run them...

When you go to the bands page on the mayhem website, for some reason Mushroomhead is suddenly on their but they're not noted in any updates so....mistake...or just certain dates?

Lost out on the catering work for the show tomorrow- I assume they are traveling with their own catering crew. Oh well, happens sometimes. Did manage to score a couple of VIP pit tickets from the venue yesterday, so all is not lost.

But with temps expected to be at 100 tomorrow, combined with the fact that we have seen every band on the tour (at least once) plus the lack of any band other than Slayer that we really really want to see again bad enough to deal with the heat, we won't be going until late in the day/early evening.

Went last year and enjoyed Mastodon, Machine Head, Airborne but almost croaked from heat exhaustion. Will pass this year as it's even hotter than last. 96 degrees and 90% humidity today.

The Swede is staying indoors....

I saw this fest last week. There was some good moments and a bunch of shitty overpriced beer bullshit moments, but I still had a good time for my 41st :kickass:

High lights for me were BFMV & KSE, with Slayer in there, fist time I saw them and they did shred the fuck out of the place....

Bear

Me or the Swede?
Eyebrow.gif

The Swede of course. :lol:

I'd like to see Slayer but that's about it. A shame because the amphitheater is only 10 minutes from my house. Johan you should use your connections and hook us up. :headbang:

The Swede of course. :lol:

I'd like to see Slayer but that's about it. A shame because the amphitheater is only 10 minutes from my house. Johan you should use your connections and hook us up. :headbang:

My connection for that venue is in Sweden for quite a while and can't help me (us) on that one.

However..... I might have an inn with Micky Dee........ :headbang: I'll have to find someone to go with. Someone who doesn't call me PUSSY all the time...:lol:

I saw this fest last week. There was some good moments and a bunch of shitty overpriced beer bullshit moments, but I still had a good time for my 41st :kickass:

Happy Belated!

Hopefully you will see this....about what time did Slayer go on? I'm thinking about 8 to 8:30sih.

dtfanatic: You could have just come here and gone with me. I believe there is still that matter of a visit that we need to clear up. :p

I went yesterday here in Phoenix.......god damn was it fucking hot! 114 was the high, but the second stage is in the parking lot so with the asphalt it was probably 120 plus. All in all it was a good day though. Lots of great bands, and activities to do throughout the day. Slayer still brings it every freaking night though. Doc Coyle from God Forbid stood 2 feet in front of me and watched most of Slayer and Nergal from Behemoth sat next to me for about 3-4 Slayer songs. The fact that these guys still admire Slayer enough to still watch them speaks volumes for the respect they get.