Slayer or Slash (live)?

O rly?

New Metal Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'm going to Soundwave festival next year and both Slayer and Slash are performing. My friend seems to think it'd be a better idea to watch Slash, then it is to watch Slayer. They're playing on different stages at the same time and I have to make a choice.
Please dissuade my friend.

I saw Slayer, it was a pretty boring experience. I think outside their own shows, where they have a wholly adoring crowd and it's dark and hot and the atmosphere's perfect, they're not gonna blow you away. I'd rather see Slash tbh.

Slash, he's wicked live. I have never seen Slayer live, but they seem to sound like a cover band playing their songs. It would have been cool seeing Slayer in the late 80's/early 90's. Slash was pretty prime back in 07 when seeing Velvet Revolver. Insanely loud/tight, dude fucking tore it up for almost 3 hours.

Slash.

Until Slayer go back to the guitar tone they had before Divine Intervention, they'll be a shadow of what they once were.

Gotta credit Slayer, in a way, for the fact that they sound so like they do on record live. Except the guitars are too fucking quiet!!

Are you crazy? Slash without a doubt, you cant honestly tell someone you had the oppotunity to see Slash and passed it off to see Slayer. Listen to your friend buddy, See Slash.

Are you crazy? Slash without a doubt, you cant honestly tell someone you had the oppotunity to see Slash and passed it off to see Slayer. Listen to your friend buddy, See Slash.

Why? I'm a bigger fan of Guns n roses then Slayer, but Slash on his own (even with backing band and people like the Alter Bridge singer) just doesn't appeal to me.

Why? I'm a bigger fan of Guns n roses then Slayer, but Slash on his own (even with backing band and people like the Alter Bridge singer) just doesn't appeal to me.

The guy isn't just "the dude from GnR", he's worked so hard, he's got chops in a lotta genres, he's just flat out one of the great guitarists at this point. And I'm not really a GnR fan, more interested in what he's been doing outside it.

The guy isn't just "the dude from GnR", he's worked so hard, he's got chops in a lotta genres, he's just flat out one of the great guitarists at this point. And I'm not really a GnR fan, more interested in what he's been doing outside it.
I know of all his side projects, they just never impressed me. His solo album was decent.

They are kinda hard to choose between but deffinitly go to Slash, like people have said earlier he is a guitar legend and even if hes not with Gnr Miles Kennedy is a great vocalist I asure you. Dont turn the oppotunity down just to see Slayer. A good band but highly overated.

Slash.

As a fan of Slayer i have seen them play many times and im sad to say they are NOT good live. There are many reasons for this, 1. Tom Araya's vocals live are nothing like him in the studio, 2. Half the crowd are deathcore faggs hardcore dancing, 3. World Painted Blood is shit compared to Slayers older albums, Also not a big fan of Gnr but any sane person knows Slash is a legend in "Metal" and not seeing him will be a big mistake.

Slash most definitely.

I have never seen Slash even though Im a big fan of his. I dig GNR alot and I love some of his post-GNR stuff as well.

Slayer on the other hand is a band I very rarely listen to on record. I think they are overrated. But for one reason or another i managed to catch them live 3 or 4 times and they have been absolutely brilliant live every time.

Im not saying either or. I would choose Slash because Ive never seen him live. However Slayer is one of the best live acts Ive seen so...