Slayer or Slash (live)?

If it was 1990 I'd probably say see Slayer over GNR, since GNR were one sloppy fucked up mess and Slayer were fucking awesome.

But seriously, Slayer haven't released a really great album in years and years and have become something of a cartoon now.
Slash has just become even more legendary, even if his solo album isn't all that amazing.

Is this still even a metal forum? Slayer have sucked for the past two decades but I would go see them over some cunt from Guns n' Roses. Without a doubt.

Is this still even a metal forum? Slayer have sucked for the past two decades but I would go see them over some cunt from Guns n' Roses. Without a doubt.

Sounds a bit small-minded to me. I don't like Guns n Roses but this isn't really about metal, Slash has indeed moved into semi-legendary status at this point, Slayer will still be doing shows of diminishing returns featuring their best material from 20 years ago for years yet. And this from someone who enjoyed World Painted Blood.

Slash is in an advertisement on the side of the page. Oh gawd! He's haunting me.

Slash.

Until Slayer go back to the guitar tone they had before Divine Intervention, they'll be a shadow of what they once were.

They went for the nu-metal guitar sound/style and it makes their older songs sound off. Other bands like Machine Head,Anthrax,Sepultura,etc.. did the samething. Probably some pressure from the record labels, but the entire fact is the style nu-metal was just an over night thing and left the bands trying to go back to playing metal and being terrible at it. I'm not opposed to bands taking a new direction and expanding, but these bands could not or did not want too. Any bands now that take the metal-core direction are going to have the same problems in a few years. It's really just not cool.

Ride The Lightning will be more cool and relevent in 15 years and it came out in the 80's, not Load and Dick Magnetic. And even the music industry as a whole is going back. So anything modern without being influenced by older music is going to hit a brick wall.