Slayer @ The Astoria 08-07-03

Fingers

Jan 9, 2003
West Sussex
Visit site
AWESOME :hotjump:

They played all their classics and many more a good solid 1hour 40mins, some of the songs played in no particular order

God Hates Us All (Opener)
War Ensemble
Anti-Christ
Dead Skin Mask
Seasons in the Abyss
Hell Awaits (fcukin excellent)
Angel of Death (as above)
Raining Blood

And many many more. As ever with the Astoria the sound was fantastic, the pit although mental as anything was good natured everyone looking out for everyone else with a great circle forming during "Seasons in the Abyss".

I only caught one and half songs from the support band "Lamb of God" but my they same an angry bunch of chaps, with a good strong guitar sound very much in the vein of early Slayer.

Unfortunately the only downer on a truly great evening of METAL had to be the complete Dick Head who jumped from the balcony just above the lighting desk during the last song, luckily nobody seemed to be seriously injured although a young girl was helped out in a very distressed state. Security got hold of the bloke very quickly and dealt with him, reassuringly he did seem to have hurt himself quite badly, but I bet security saved him from a right kicking, not sure what he could be charged with but I do hope they got the law involved! As without doubt he could have and still may have seriously injured someone. Its a shame I've ended up writing more about that one incident than the whole gig.

P.S. Pax I paid for this gig :D

Reactions: Paxoman