SLIPKNOT Parts Ways With Drummer JOEY JORDISON

I did not expect this. But I haven't really liked slipknot's stuff after vol. 3 so I wasn't even expecting much from their next album.

Bugger, time to move on I guess. I wonder why he left the band?

I believe that unlike him, the rest of the band couldn't go on at the same pace as before the death of Paul Gray, and this frustrated him. When Corey Taylor announced he was unsure of whether or not the band would even continue making music at all, Jordison responded by saying the band would go on with or without Corey Taylor. I'm guessing the rest of the band weren't with him on that one, and he would later decide to part ways with them.

I believe that unlike him, the rest of the band couldn't go on at the same pace as before the death of Paul Gray, and this frustrated him. When Corey Taylor announced he was unsure of whether or not the band would even continue making music at all, Jordison responded by saying the band would go on with or without Corey Taylor. I'm guessing the rest of the band weren't with him on that one, and he would later decide to part ways with them.

Yep I remember Joey saying that too. Everything is speculation right now, I wan't to say that maybe its due to a drug problem and him (joey) not being able to get his life together, which happens in bands (i.e. Dave Buckner ex drummer of Papa roach, supposedly Adam ex-singer from TheeDaysGrace was doing really bad so they kicked him out, etc.) but I don't think thats the case of this one, I think hes off the drugs which caused him his weight gain. I think it has to do with Joey putting more focus on Scar the Martyr, Jim Root is taking time off stone stour to help write music, so everyone is trying to write music while joey is too busy with side project (it was said that Joey hadn't been practicing with the band as of late even know he supposedly had ton of music ideas for slipknot) so maybe they got in a livid argument and now he's out. Sucks though, I'm a huge fan, seen them live a few times, was really looking forward to them coming back to my town, but I think it's over, or at least its not going to be the same.

Hm. Whatever. Kinda glad I got to see them before he left though. They're still one of the most powerful live bands I've ever seen.

I never understood why everyone was so crazy about JJ. He's not bad at all or so, but the band would work with a lot of other drummers too *shrug*
With those percussions they have going too I anyway never knew how much of the groove came from the drumkit after all.

I really don't know how much he contributed to writing though!