Oct 17, 2005
from parts unknown to man
They went up against=

Ministry

Mudvayne

Ramstein

Shadows Fall

(source=Blabbermouth.net)

Personally i think all the bands in this catagory suck with Slipknot being the better of the bunch. I've just never liked Shadows Fall and i used to like Mudvayne early on but they just stale now. 2cents.:err:

I was pulling for Shadows Fall, but the Grammy's suck anyway. Its like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; the fans dont vote, a bunch of people who paid to have the privilege to vote choose

Those are all pretty good bands in my opinion, and deserving of a nomination. Especially Ministry. I love those guys.

I don't know, that Slipnot song was pretty damn good. A good song for fist banging maniacs. I can't remember the name of the song for shit, but I've heard it a zillion times.

Slipknot is a fucking shit band they are a joke and suck assholes live. Shadows Fall should have won that award. Ministry? They are metal? How about when Deftones one or Jethro Tull.

I really REALLY hate Slipknot they are what is wrong with 'metal' these days.. well them and a ton of other garbage nu metal bands

mortal treason said:
slipknots new cd has that more hard rock feel to it, i always said the grammys dont know shit about music, as i think it was them or another award show who gave jethro tull the best metal proformance award in 1989 over meallica.

Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull plays a flute. The flute is a heavy, metal instrument.
I think Tull only won that because they'd been overlooked for years when they were churning out classic album after classic album. But let's be honest, Metallica nowadays are fucking twats so I'm glad they didn't win that award. :loco:

Award shows like this are pure pish, you might as well ignore them, they mean nothing.

Stormwatch said:
Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull plays a flute. The flute is a heavy, metal instrument.
I think Tull only won that because they'd been overlooked for years when they were churning out classic album after classic album. But let's be honest, Metallica nowadays are fucking twats so I'm glad they didn't win that award. :loco:

Award shows like this are pure pish, you might as well ignore them, they mean nothing.

Stormwatch, you've just brought back horrible memories for me bud, Mark Hatley broke my heart when he single handidly killed off the Dons last serious league challenge :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jockthrax said:
Stormwatch, you've just brought back horrible memories for me bud, Mark Hatley broke my heart when he single handidly killed off the Dons last serious league challenge :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sweet revenge knowing the Dons just killed of Alex McLeish's Rangers career then.

Slipknot - best of a bad bunch. Shows they have some management backing to have bought that vote. Or am I being cynical over award ceremonies.

mortal treason said:
slipknots new cd has that more hard rock feel to it, i always said the grammys dont know shit about music, as i think it was them or another award show who gave jethro tull the best metal proformance award in 1989 over meallica.

I don't know man, atleast Jethro Tull had a talented drummer.....

Anyway, I honestly don't care much for any of the nominated bands, but I too whould have chosen Shadows Fall if I had to pick one from the list. Very tight drums and bass, ok guitars.