Slippery When Wet - motorcycle

missjelRETIREDloshot

retired user
Jan 4, 2008
http://www.stargis.net/webslinger/MissJelloShot.htm

A bit of history here: Joe and I started talking about a new paint job for my bike in July 2007 at the Rally for the Troops Ride. I was listening to Bon Jovi on my MP3 player and had mentioned that to Joe. He said: Bon Jovi, huh? I smiled and went on to tell him that Bon Jovi was and still is my favorite band ever and probably bored him to tears, LOL. He mentioned to me the fact that many years ago, he worked security detail for the band when they were in Germany. It was there that the paint concept for my bike was laid out.

The next lil' bit was posted on our Seluron bike forum in response to a question about my favorite song...

Slippery When Wet was the first album of Bon Jovi's that I had heard...thanks to Karen, my favorite & coolest aunt ever! I'm looking at the release date of this album (August 1986) and I realize that I was about 9.5 years old when I first got to listen to it.

I can sooo vividly remember hearing it for the first time too, I kid you not! We were on our way to Lake Chelan (our summer vacation spot - 3hrs east of Seattle) and I was riding in the Camaro with my aunt & cousins. Ooh, that was such a cool car to me when I was younger. So we're near Issaquah and she pops in this new cassette of hers. Well, the rest was history...I don't think I let her put in another tape for the rest of the drive to Chelan.

Ok, I'm done with my lil' walk down memory lane now...back to your question about my favorite Bon Jovi song:

*drumroll please*

My absolute all time favorite song (by any band) is Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer"

A close second is "Wanted Dead or Alive"
==============================

Now with having read all that, you can gain a better understanding of today's bike unveiling and just how special it is to me.

OMG...what can I say about my bike and the events of today??? I am totally in love with her and I keep finding new things that I missed on the first 100 passes around, LOL! Like the guitar picks on the foot pegs? How cool is that!!!

The whole unveiling was killer. Tim & I and Gigi are driving up the street to Joe's and I see this huge line of motorcycles in front of Joe's house. I'm waving to everyone from the bitch seat and hop down as soon as I could and then hugs all around to everyone that was there. I've got to say that I was absolutely surprised to see Keith (V*Pilot now Skeeter) had ridden up from Vancouver, Washington.

Hugs & chit chat are over and I'm then told to stand in front of the garage. The door slowly opens and the fog starts rolling out in waves. I hear my favorite Bon Jovi song "Livin' on a Prayer" blasting from the speakers. Ooh, I see a headlight. Oooooohhhh, I hear the engine start and roar to life. WOW oh WOW...she's in front of me...FINALLY! I am near speechless except for the occasional high-pitched squeals of delight. OMG! OMG! WOW...LOOK AT THAT. OOH, here's this - Check that out...and that was only the right side. I make my way around to the left side and there's even more to look at. The air horn, the drumsticks mounted, the signed VIP tour passes from prior shows, the signed guitar picks mounted on the bike. Then the bike goes back into the garage and they turn the LED lights on. All 100 or so of them! Killer!!! Yeah, that about sums it up. The lights just add that much more WOW factor! Then to top it off, Stan & Denis give me another lil' surprise - my LED lights are controlled via remote. I could go on & on...trust me. I have been utterly spoiled and surprised beyond belief with this bike.

Lots of pictures were taken and then the group rode over to Red Robin for lunch & drinks. Today was a fundraiser put on by the Everett Police and the cops were helping to serve the food. They also had officers & police cruisers in front of the store that you could get your picture taken with. After lunch, most of the group went their separate ways but Tim & I went back to Joe's to do some final tweaking of the bike. We got that finished and we talked Carol into joining us for a lil' ride around the area. I'm so proud of her for getting out and doing it when I know she wasn't comfortable at all. She did awesome and again, I can't say enough how happy I am that she rode her bike out with me!!!

Thank you to everyone that turned out today for the unveiling and for those in the pack that couldn't make it, yet sent their good thoughts my way. I had a wonderful day and can't wait to ride again. I'll post my pictures as soon as I get them downloaded and I'm sure that everyone else will post the ones they took today too!

I am now going to sleep the sleep of the very happy & very spoiled biker chick, LOL. Holy cow, I'm absolutely exhausted. I haven't ridden in about 3 months - mostly because of my surgery in January. Dang, I forgot how tiring it can be. Exhilarating, yet exhausting...

Hugs & much love to each and every one of my Seluron family.

~Missy

P.S.1: the custom license plate of SLIPRY is on order and should arrive soon!

P.S.2: I have a whole album of bike pictures posted on MySpace - go check it out...

My favorate Bon Jovi song? The space between the songs , LOL kidding , I like "Runaway" and " It's my life" any ballad , Jon has the ballad thing down pat,

I'm such a 80's/hairband/glamrock girl...and all my peeps in here know it, LOL!
Tis' alright - I promise to not try and convert you to Bonjovism. ;)