Slough Feg, a future classic?

AjaxWarrior

Heavy Muscle
Nov 23, 2009
A rotten suburb in Sweden
Am I the only one to belive that Slough Feg will be one of those classic bands in the future? They're kinda small and underground now, but in 20 years from now they will be cult-classic. I mean, their folk/traditional oriented lyrics and music is truly unique. I sure havn't heard many bands like em.

o noes

I have to disagree that their style is "truly unique" (in fact, the often times remind of Brocas Helm), but I do think that they have done some excellent work, primarily their first two albums. I think Down Among the Dead Men is overrated. Atavism is my third favorite after the first two out of the albums I've heard.

I'm surprised to see you guys pick Atavism as among your favourites. Whilst by no means a bad album, I think it's clearly outshined by everything else they've put done. I agree on Hardworlder, that's a really fun album with some very memorable tracks. Ape Uprising is very cool too.

One of the most consistent bands out there nowadays, and the direction they've taken recently is definitely one all their own. Sure, they're obviously influenced by acts like Manilla Road, Thin Lizzy, Brocas Helm, etc. but while Slough Feg sounds like them none of them sound like Slough Feg.

I'd say their best albums are:

Traveller - Hardworlder - Twilight of the Idols

in that order

Slough Feg is a great band, but I don't really see them becoming a classic. Traveller is probably my favorite.

I dunno people, I brought a bunch of friends out to their show in Lansing, and these people listen to shit like The Descendents and The Bouncing Souls exclusively. They loved Slough Feg. Emphasis on love, and not in an ironic way, they were totally taken with their music to my surprise.

Anyway, Ape Uprising is fucking awesome. My favorite Slough Feg, by far, is the self titled. While I happen to really like Twilight, Down Among the Deadmen and Traveller, those aren't my favorites. I was underwhelmed when I first heard it, but Atavism might be my second favorite. It captures the creative spirit of their first album more than anything else. Hardworlder is an almost classic hard rock album (the terribly average drumming takes it down), and the newest one, to me, feels like a bridge to even greater things to come.