Sly's drumsamples library : my 15 snare drums collection for you !

What I do most of the time for snare rolls is to copy the original snare track and use this only as the trigger track for rolls. So I can gain-up or gain-down the audio to have the samples to trigger correctly on those parts.

that's axactly what i did, i seperated the hard hits from the soft roll hits, still sounded very strange and glitchy :(

will try your snare now :)

cheers
S.

hello there mate, im glad to see everything is going good thus far, im the guy that said 25$ would be ideal for me lol but anyways more than likely i'll be making a purchase quite soon, i actually stored away 30$ to purchase these samples, then i got hit with a parking violation ticket 30$ at my school arghh :( then DEFTONES announced their playing another show in los angeles (first one i missed out sold out fast) so thats -40$ and then im going to vegas next weekend :/ so money is tight. I really enjoy Abe's(deftones) SNARE and according to wiki he uses a 13x8" Starclassic Bubinga Snare and 14x6.5" Bell Brass Snare so i got excited when i saw that on your list. Hopefully soon!

Glad I bought these. A few suggestions for the future: Unfortunately the room samples have a loud buzz going on, which becomes really evident when you start smashing them.. makes them kinda unusable unless you don't compress them at all. If you're going to do more, I'd go for some different styles. A nice ringy snare, a doinky snare (like Seether's "Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces", check out the song Don't Believe, that low, single tone ring, not one with lots of harmonics), a low tuned, loose wires one, a really death metal cracky one. These are really nice but they're quite samey.

Does the Starclassic Bubinga have some compression on it? It's attack is really really nice.

Hey Morgan, I tried to go for "standard" tunings on each snare (same for the wires tension, pretty standard). I didn't took time to try out things, but this is something I'd definitely like to do in the future, also using different mics for the snares.

The room samples are already smashed, I don't think they need more compression ! :) What did you mean by "a buzz" ? This room is actually a part of an album I'm mixing right now and I don't have any problem with it. Anyway as I previously said, I didn't plan at first to sell this library (especially what's in the ADDON folder) and that's why those room samples are already treated, because it's part of a project I'm working on these times. I will listen to those tracks again, maybe there is an issue ? I don't hear any buzz, it's just the huge agressive room with SSL compression.

The Bubinga snare didn't get any treatment but maybe I hit harder, because this snare has tons of body, so I could hit harder without getting too honky. That's something I tried for each snare : to hit hard but not TOO hard, else you get a spike in the 800-1 khz area. I tried to get the best result/balance out of each snare, depending on tuning, etc. and I'm pretty happy. I'd love to add some new samples including a mono ambient track (I have a Royer R121 and this one would be pretty perfect for this).