small file problem

spikes77

Jun 6, 2001
Brooklyn, NYC
im having this annoying problem , whenever i dl something off mp3.com or here (say someones recorded song) it always records it has a mpeg , not mp3...and i cant change the file type in the save box (it has mpeg and all files) , so i save it to a folder and when i open up winamp i always have to change the file type to all files , instead of winamp supported...........SO how do i change this?

it supports it , but i have to change it to "all files" everytime i want to play a song......so its annoying as hell when i look in a folder these mpeg files wont even show up unless i change it

theres only two possible choices , when i save too ....mpeg and all files (all files doesnt work , it stays as mpeg).....i dont know why

Originally posted by spikes77
im having this annoying problem , whenever i dl something off mp3.com or here (say someones recorded song) it always records it has a mpeg , not mp3...and i cant change the file type in the save box (it has mpeg and all files) , so i save it to a folder and when i open up winamp i always have to change the file type to all files , instead of winamp supported...........SO how do i change this?

My plugins allow my winamp to play most media files, mpeg included.

ok.
go to control panel | folder options | VIEW tab

and UNcheck "hide file extensions for known file types"

now, when you save a file you dont have to chosse from that list, you can just change the .mpeg to .mp3. or just do it in explorer Later.

Sorry to hijack, but I have a tech related question.

I need a program to play DivX DVD rips other than DivX player of course. Does anyone know of one? Windows Media Player, Winamp, and Quicktime refuse to play these and other .avi files on my computer.

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
Sorry to hijack, but I have a tech related question.

I need a program to play DivX DVD rips other than DivX player of course. Does anyone know of one? Windows Media Player, Winamp, and Quicktime refuse to play these and other .avi files on my computer.

are you sure you have the correct codecs?

Originally posted by saturnix
are you sure you have the correct codecs?

An example problem is windows media player mentions not being able to find the right combination of filters. Any idea what that means?