SMF site

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
the site is down. the old 'site hosts' pulled the rug out from under us :(. i've pointed the domain to my servers... so it should be up in a couple of days or so. i'll have to reconstruct some pages. apologies for the inconvenience!

actually... they were associates of HP who weren't fans of metal, and when they didn't respond to numerous update requests, i was asked to help out.

i don't think that went over well, but what was he to do? they didn't give us any prior notice that they'd close out his account with them :(.

oh well... we'll start from scratch on our own!

ms. anthrope
If the definition of "pulling the rug" means you didn't pay your bill, then I guess I pulled the rug. Typically, to receive a web hosting service, someone, somewhere has to pay money to the hosting service. That would be SMF paying ME. That didn't happen. I was gracious for over 8 months to host the website after receiving only $10. Your allotment was 50MB and every week I was receiving notification that you were exceeding the limit. 80MB later, the software scripts had no choice but to deactivate the website. Because you exceeded the 80MB limit (30MB over your 50MB limit), the software automatically shut down the site. Obviously the site is restored and is alive. I extended your limit once again to keep the site alive, despite not receiving more than $10.00.
Lets all have a "Pro Attitude" and pay your bill (since I still have to pay mine) so we can all enjoy the SMF site.
CaveKlan

Caveklan said:
ms. anthrope
If the definition of "pulling the rug" means you didn't pay your bill, then I guess I pulled the rug. Typically, to receive a web hosting service, someone, somewhere has to pay money to the hosting service. That would be SMF paying ME. That didn't happen. I was gracious for over 8 months to host the website after receiving only $10. Your allotment was 50MB and every week I was receiving notification that you were exceeding the limit. 80MB later, the software scripts had no choice but to deactivate the website. Because you exceeded the 80MB limit (30MB over your 50MB limit), the software automatically shut down the site. Obviously the site is restored and is alive. I extended your limit once again to keep the site alive, despite not receiving more than $10.00.
Lets all have a "Pro Attitude" and pay your bill (since I still have to pay mine) so we can all enjoy the SMF site.
CaveKlan

:Smug:. i was informed by HP that you were going to shut the site down on august 31st, NOT the morning of the 29th. not to worry, HP thanks you for your generosity and will not be needing your services any longer.

this is from me personally: i don't even know you, so please don't lecture me about "pro attitudes." last friday morning i tried to log in and found that the site and all our files were GONE. i don't see anything slanderous or intrusive of your privacy in my post.

i will be donating web space for the METAL cause, ON MY DIME, for as long as my metalhead brother requires.