Sneap forum chatting room?

viralz

Feb 15, 2010
Montreal, QC
Just a random thought I had. Would sneapsters be interested in adding a chatting room on this forum, or is it even possible? I've seen it on other forums and it seems pretty cool to me.

I don't know, I'm just throwing the idea out there....any thoughts?

Yeah, i remember visiting the chat room once in a while.. but i don't use any chat clients anymore.

That'd be cool. What's not cool is to use a client. An embedded chat would be nice, there's one on a certain forum I go on and it's well integrated.

I think the past attempts prove that while it seems like a good idea it doesn't work well enough in practise to try it again.

I was thinking about this last night actually. I think what would be kick ass if there was an alert that you could send out to everyone currently in the forum. So like you'd be sitting there looking at a thread in the Bar and then (like when a chat opens up in Facebook) everyone would get a message "I just spilled coffee on my pickup!!! What should I do?!! Please help!"

That would be beneficial I think. Of course there would have to be some mechanism against abusing it.

I remember using the IRC Channel when I first signed up...I think I was looking for impulses or something. Someone totally helped me out, it was great!