SNOCAP ISSUE

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
Many of you know of the snocap player that we have had on our pages and on our artists pages, or at least some of our artists (not all had been in the system in the 8 months that they were up and running) Well to make a long story short, Nightmare is pulling out of the deal. We found too many holes in their system and money seemed to be spilling in too many directions but not our way and not to our bands way, so we pulled out. If any of our bands would like to go direct with Snocap, you may do so, but I would be wary of this little
tidbit I recently found.

One of their clauses says:
they're allowed to:"..Reproduce and publicly perform any Composition embodied in a Digital Master derived from your Content (including any and all "server" or "ephemeral" copies), it being understood and agreed that we will not be obligated to account and pay mechanical royalties to you, all such sums being included in the wholesale price set by you"

What prevents them to use this huge database to syphon off the underlying ("embodied") compositions, make them available to a third party who likes your song and records it with their band/ artist..., they could even collect a fee for that.... and our bands (the composer) sees nada....for that matter nor do we!

That fact alone combined with the fact that they absolutely NEVER return emails regarding an issue I have and the fact that I can't even sign into my account to manage things half the time, and the overwhelming fact that they just have not paid us anything means simply we are done with them.

PLEASE if you have any players of ours on your pages, for any of our bands or our label, just delete them from your myspace pages or other websites.
Thank you!!

For the bands not sure how to do this on their pages, here is the info you need to know!

In your myspace account.... go to Account Settings.... then go to Miscellaneous... then there is a place where you can check or uncheck "display my music store"

Sorry guys it sounded like a great plan, too bad it's not a good company~!