Proclamation - Messiah of Darkness and Impurity
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels
Manilla Road- Voyager
Dismember - Dismember
Morbosidad- Profana la Cruz del Nazareno
Nuclear Desecration - Desecrated Temple Of Impurity
The Gates of Slumber - Conquerer
Fall of the idols - The Seance

bit of a pointless trifle here. The record stands upright on its own merits, and I'm not crazy at all about the previous Nachtmystium efforts. It's just plain triumphant black'n'roll (or whatever) done right, with a couple experimental attempts done right, while not gaymazing. That is all. Despising an entire "scene" on whatever asumption is laughable. How there is a global (non-)qualitative tag applying to a whole bunch of bands is a little beyond me. There may well be a few irritating characteristics common to the bunch but as in every current there are good albums, not so good ones and shit ones. IMO Cobalt's latest album is huge, Leviathan always has, while Xasthur is way overrated despite some great stuff. And so on... (and the 2008 Nachtmystium has nothing in common with those bands style-wise)

The US has produced a ton of Black Metal bands that I enjoy tbh. Toten/Profanatica/Havohej, Absu, NME, Cult Of Daath, Resuscitator, Black Goat, I Shalt Become, Averse Sefira, Negative Plane, Blood Storm, Von, Demonic Christ, Wind Of The Black Mountains, Grand Belial's Key, Weltmacht, Into The Sunless Meridian/Night Conquers Day/Tearstained, Vulpecula, Krohm, Weakling, Ibex Throne, Masochist, etc.

yeah, the Blabber review mentioning a mix of BM and Motorhead is dead on ... throw in some Burzum for the repetitive memorable riffs and we have a winner.

OK... I don't get the appeal of Darkspace. I saw them described as "ambient" and "psychedelic". I don't hear either element. All I hear are blast beats. Granted, I didn't listen to the entire disc (couldn't make it through). Is there a track worth focusing on that has a little more variety to it?

Zod

OK... I don't get the appeal of Darkspace. I saw them described as "ambient" and "psychedelic". I don't hear either element. All I hear are blast beats. Granted, I didn't listen to the entire disc (couldn't make it through). Is there a track worth focusing on that has a little more variety to it?

I don't know what you're expecting under "variety" but Darkspace is basically one formula, three albums so far :)

you guys are on crack ... i listened to a few tracks yesterday ... its huddah ... love the track numbering :)