So...anybody into industrial rock?

Xanarki

New Metal Member
Oct 3, 2005
Ya know, Nine Inch Nails, Stabbing Westward, Orgy, Gravity Kills, Skinny Puppy, Filter etc.? Yeah, good stuff. But not enough bands around.

NIN is pretty good. not too keen on their latest album but they have an outstanding live show (it helps if you have floor tickets)

Occasionally industrial bands make one or two good songs, but you can never rely on them to make a good album. So no, I do not like the bands but rather one or two of their singles.

I like the more rock-oriented industrial (godhead, NIN, Celldweller, etc.), but not too much into pure industrial (except for Skinny Puppy, who I enjoy).

WHOAH! you guys missed some key bands: besides including the kings of industrial rock, Rammstein, there is also Oomph! (Wacken 2006), Zeromancer, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, Collide, Tanzwut, In Extremo, but the last two are medieval industrial rock but oh well:loco:

We can also add FRONTLINE ASSEMBLY, MINISTRY, SNAKE RIVER CONSPIRACY and N-17 to the list of bands that deserve mention.

Actually, I prefer industrial to metal these days.Industrial is like the intelligensia of metal.

Oops! Almost forgot BILE,RORSHACK TEST and KMFDM. Then there are the metal bands that have
a definitive industrial sound like SAMAEL and GODFLESH.

I love NiN, Static X, Rob Zombie, and a few others. But MOST industrial metal is just Assembly line Horse shit.

It´s my favourite genre. NIN is band no.1 to me.
Skinny Puppy is not Industrial rock...same with Rammstein.

sonofhendrix13 said:
I really despise industrial music. I just think of it as heavy dance music, which it turns out is even worse than regular dance music.
R.E.T.A.R.D.

Ruthven said:
I like the more rock-oriented industrial (godhead, NIN, Celldweller, etc.), but not too much into pure industrial (except for Skinny Puppy, who I enjoy).
Skinny puppy is not "pure industrial", roots of industrial music are bands like Trobbing Gristle. Anyway SP is very industrialized music.

DumbAss said:
I love NiN, Static X, Rob Zombie, and a few others. But MOST industrial metal is just Assembly line Horse shit.

Believe it or not, that's why industrial rules! The repetitive sound serves as a type of Tongue-in-cheek
commentary on popular culture all by itself.:)