So..BK have started covering their 7 series

Personal Preference, really :) I should quit while I'm ahead, before I tell him that I've put Blackouts in my 'nez ha..

Oops. Sowee Marcus.

Marcus - I saw Ken S. with Aborted in Holland playing your prestige (maybe not yours ;-) but the blue one. It was minus EMGs but he told me he was getting them fitted after the show...

I seriously don't get the fuss about bareknuckles...yes, they're nice but they didn't impress me at all ( tried the nailbomb, cold sweat, miracle man and doug aldrich ones on the same prs cu24). They still sound like passives in the end.

I always try to run away from this ss.org thing, the "screw emg's" "omg engl brootalz" "orange cabs are the best" "bk are the bomb"...because I find it funny that all the gear they praise is what bulb uses ( nothing against misha)

I seriously don't get the fuss about bareknuckles...yes, they're nice but they didn't impress me at all ( tried the nailbomb, cold sweat, miracle man and doug aldrich ones on the same prs cu24). They still sound like passives in the end.

I always try to run away from this ss.org thing, the "screw emg's" "omg engl brootalz" "orange cabs are the best" "bk are the bomb"...because I find it funny that all the gear they praise is what bulb uses ( nothing against misha)

Exactly... It's a sevenstring.org thing. Hype, hype, hype...

None of those guys get results as good as what we hear from Sneap, Lasse, James Murphy, and various other guys here on this forum, and that's what really matters.

SS.org is all talk, no results...

If you post on this forum, chances are you are a fan of the kind of guitar tones Sneap gets, and if that's true then you'd have to be a complete idiot to continue to talk shit about EMGs, 5150s, Mesa cabs, etc. when we all know what kind of results that gear is capable of.

Where the hell in my fucking post did I mention SS.org? And WHERE did I bash any of those other items of gear. I own a Mesa cab. They sound like passives because they are passives. No it's not about immitating sound either, it's about making it your own. I know plenty of metal guitar players that don't like EMG pickups. Chances are if you're just going to standardize your sound around everybody else then your results are not going to shine above the rest anyway. All you've proved in that post is that you treat the sneap sound and this forum in the same way SS.org users treat the bulb sound. I think everybody has taken the 'bulb immitations' thing a bit too far, you guys sound like the same people that bashed newer,rising bands in metal who couldn't get over the fact it wasn't still 1994. Grow up.

Where the hell in my fucking post did I mention SS.org? And WHERE did I bash any of those other items of gear. I own a Mesa cab. They sound like passives because they are passives. No it's not about immitating sound either, it's about making it your own. I know plenty of metal guitar players that don't like EMG pickups. Chances are if you're just going to standardize your sound around everybody else then your results are not going to shine above the rest anyway. All you've proved in that post is that you treat the sneap sound and this forum in the same way SS.org users treat the bulb sound. I think everybody has taken the 'bulb immitations' thing a bit too far, you guys sound like the same people that bashed newer,rising bands in metal who couldn't get over the fact it wasn't still 1994. Grow up.

Since the initial shot on this discussion was made by me, let me explain what I wrote ;) ( and dude chill)

All I read earlier in the post is the EMFIzz thing, nothing to start a rant about, it's just that you've stated that your choice with BK was better than emg's which is fair enough.

Of course they're passives, but so many people market them, and praise them as "emg killers" ( like the lundgrens)

About imitating or making your own, of course you're right about that, I don't think anyone will discuss that.

When I wrote the thing about ss.org maybe I exaggerated a little bit, but I saw something like that on the bareknuckle praise, I can be wrong, of course.

I apologize if something made you angry or whatever, but if you don't want to get your choices bashed, don't start bashing others.

That was a jokey bash with Marcus, because he knows i'm not a fan. Fair enough, i'm not angry man...I'm just getting sick of the hypocrisy of some people. I still have EMG's in my ec-1000.

I just liked starting to use passives because I felt my sloppy playing was hiding behind active pickup circuitry and too much output.

Much love :)

I was thinking of getting some BareKnuckles for my Ash bodied Sirius. I dig the Nordstrands that are already in them, but I'm thinking of getting a bit more crunch on the bridge. If you happen to go with them, tell how it goes. I'm sure they will rock just the same in my 8 string.