so bugera 6260 head or combo?

i have marshall avt150h head and cab and i wanted that 5150 copy but which one woud be better? with combo i can get my marshal cab with it so that way i can get two kinds of sound but would head be just better so what u suggest which one i get...also i like to record my stuff with micing my cabs so take that attention too. my music would be soulfly/hatebreed kind of simply smashing :kickass:

Definitely get the head, it's cheaper so you'll have some money left over to get a better cab! :D Although honestly, for that price I'd go for a used 5150 or a Rev Jr. (personally, I prefer the tone of the Rev., but there is the issue of less power, although apparently it can still freakin' blast!)

Yeah I was actually looking at used 5150/5150II heads on eBay last night and there are a few under $700 in great condition. That's the average price you can expect pretty much all the time. I 2nd the Krank route though :D And if you get a Pro 50w there is easily no problem with the power, even my Standard at 20w was plenty loud at practice and the drummer plays loud as shit, other guitarist has a Laney 100w/Marshall 4x12 and with the bassist running GK 700RB head/Ampeg 8x10...I had no problems with all that going on with my Rev Jr./Mesa 4x12. The 50w would be best though, that extra headroom and power would mean not pushing the amp as hard as I did to get it loud enough. I still had a bit to go on the master, mind you.

~006