So... how was your thanksgiving?

Draft Dodging Scarecrow

Year of Mao Zedong
Sep 25, 2003
in the minds of children everywhere
Mine was better than last year.

I started it out by watching Indiana Jones and The Temple of D00m, which is a kickass movie. Then I left for my cousin's house where all 40+ members of my large family were. Ate a couple plates of food. Settled down and watched Spider-man 1. Ate some delicious pumpkin and pecan pie. Played halo 2 for thirty minutes or so. Then came the fun part: I played SPOONS for two hours. It's violent with nine people.

Even though I don't celebrate Thanksgiving per se I took the day off, watched football, played Ghost Recon 2 and ate a large poutine and a Pizza with friends.

Thanksgiving is becoming a small tradition because of football and fatty foods.

my turkey was slowly smoked to perfection accompanied by some fucking illing motherfucking gravy on top of crazy homeade stuffing and green bean casserole and cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes. i ate with johnny dancemoves at a place called the euclid ave. yacht club in atlanta. they were playing biker stoner rock and the whole bar had a crusty dingy nautical them to it. everyone else ate indian. happy thanksgiving. oh, and i'm in nashville right now and the kayo dot set was great! songs were as follows: antique, marathon, manifold. toby ate a few ounces of human flesh on stage too!

I ate Teriyaki chicken and drank vodka with OJ. Listened to a new haul from The End Records. Oh yeah, I made homemade biscuits cut with a leaf shaped cookie cutter. Real Martha Stewart stylin' :p

I wasn't so big on the "Thanksgiving" part of the day. The food was decent. That previously unmet bridesmaid ruled. I just wish some people didn't put so much effort into making her turning out a decent person seem like a miracle.
But anyhow, the day still ruled. I met my niece. Holding her and realizing I'd be helping take care of her for the rest of her life made my bloody week. In fact, I'm still practically dancing in my seat despite working retail on Thanksgiving weekend.

Ate my Uncle's badass fresh-smoked BBQ ribs and lots of pecan tarts, shot guns for about two and a half hours, wandered around small town South Carolina, including checking out an old abandoned and condemned high school (pictures will eventually be forthcoming), and went to watch The Incredibles in Columbia. It was a very good Thanksgiving for me.

Here are some pictures of the abandoned/condemned high school in Winnesboro, SC

I decided to do a monologe and Nils was very appreciative.

my.php

I thought it was kind of funny that the vandals actually bothered to keep their work in chalk and on the chalk board. How thoughtful of them.

my.php

Nils was really disappointed when he couldn't convince Ben to strip before he got in the shower.

my.php

Apparently someone had dropped a bomb in the guys locker room.

my.php

Me coming out of a closet. (insert your own joke)

my.php

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Alex's best friend Adam dropped by while we were shooting clays. I made him take the scope off his gun, but I couldn't turn him into much of a marksman.

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img120&image=Measguy.jpg

Sorry about the shitty quality of these, they were scanned in and then poorly cropped in photoshop. Also, just wanted to post these but image shack wasn't having it. this will do I guess.

hahahah those pictures are great!

i hope when i'm 40 i'll still find abandoned buildings fun and creepy.

p.s. rumblings are suggesting that Trish and Adam might do New Year's with us. argh (on the second, not the first).

Have no fear about losing interest, my Dad is 58 and he was poking around in different parts of the school. As to the New Years Eve thing, who wouldn't want to ring in the new year with an obnoxious asshole! I bet he's even better when he's hammered. Of course maybe when everyone is cheering the New Year you can do him in and his death screams won't be heard.