So I am seriously contemplating having our band record a prefessionally made demo.

Phenix City Alabama.... all of you know the name right ? Entertainment capitol of the world ? ....... hardly.......

Still, my town has a local digital studio. Look around and ask around. Find a local studio and be firm. YOU will be the one forking out the money so get a sound you like. You don't have to be a recording Engineer or Producer to know, there is too much high-end, not enough reverb etc. Find a local place first and get it done, but get what you want out of it. Remember you are a customer and you are paying the studio to do your recording.

Bryant

Reactions: Lethe78
It would probably be a good idea to get a sound engineer that is into your style of music I'm guessin thats metal cos the sound guys that the studio normally provides have no idea when it comes to metal and you'll end up with a sound you may not like. Like iAMtheblackwizards said you should talk to other local bands and find out where a good studio is and also who engineered their stuff.

Bryant said:
You don't have to be a recording Engineer or Producer to know, there is too much high-end, not enough reverb etc.

True, but most musicians tend to know nothing about recording or sound in general.(despite of what they might think themselves)

Just find someone who has experience with your kind of music, and you'll be fine.

Sweet!! I really appreciate all of the advice and tips you have suggested!!

I am going to start calling around this week and get some price quotes and such.

Thanks again!