So I finished recording our song..... what do you think!?!?!?!?

Don't worry about compression or anything, whack a noise gate in the loop when your tracking just to cut down on the background noise, 1 SM57 about 1" away from the grill, aim the mic at the center of the cone then back it off to the side an inch or two so you don't get a lot of fizz.

Simple = gets the job done. Using more mics may sound better too you now but its just going to bring more issues/varibles up in the long run. Much easier if you hone your craft with 1 mic IMHO.

As far as amp settings, don't push the gain too high, keep some mids in there *replace the word mids with body*, not masses of treble or presence either.

The mic placement makes such a difference!

Thanks for the compliments also man, appreciate it :Smokin:

Ill try doing it again but I just cant get a sound I want outta that, I think it sounds BETTER with TWO mikes, BUT I just cant get the sound I want. I need to learn to Noise Gate or compress better I guess.

...Thats mostly because they sound louder. Try this:

Take the two guitar tracks and turn them all the way down, so you don't hear them. Then Duplicate one of the guitar tracks and put it to a nice volume volume and then mute that track. Bring the two tracks up up so that they do not sound louder than the single track. Then pick the single or dual micing based on which sounds better at the same volume.

Take the two guitar tracks and turn them all the way down, so you don't hear them. Then Duplicate one of the guitar tracks and put it to a nice volume volume and then mute that track. Bring the two tracks up up so that they do not sound louder than the single track. Then pick the single or dual micing based on which sounds better at the same volume.

BINGO, don't be fooled by the "louder is better" syndrome! Of course, the two mic's could also actually sound better, but it's good to be sure...

Hell yeah man, Ill think ill try that. After REALLY listening to them, I gotta turn the bass down on the guitars a decent amount and turn them all down to level everything out!