So I got lots of radio promos..

Greg B.

fuck "M."
Apr 15, 2004
While doing a radio special, I wound up getting a few pounds of promos. In there were a few discs from bands I've heard of as second or third tier thrash like Wrathchild America and Xentrix. After listening, I have a couple questions...

01. How come even the generic derivative sounding thrash is 1,000x more enjoyable to listen to than a lot of the "OMGOMGOMGISHITMYPANTS" Metal Moments of the last couple years?
02. Why the hell did Xentrix cover the Ghostbusters theme?
03. Are those two bonus tracks (Aerosmith and Scorpions covers) on the Dog Faced Gods radio single commercially available?
04. Why the hell are there so many songs about rainbows?

Ad. 01.- becuse it's Thrash :) Xentrix has always been more than just derivative to me, though.
Ad. 02.- to get some "fame" due to unauthorized use of the GB logo?
Ad. 03.- yes, they are- on the "Signs Of Chaos" best of album from 1997
Ad. 04.- because rainbows are evil

Greg B. said:
03. Are those two bonus tracks (Aerosmith and Scorpions covers) on the Dog Faced Gods radio single commercially available?
?
In addition to the Signs of Chaos cd , they were also on the rare "Dog Faced Gods" single cd promo (which I have).

:headbang:

Yeah Hiddenloegions. I got that + a wad of really uncommon stuff. Went by EBay and found out I could get a good $30.00 for a couple.

Of course, I also got a bunch of stuff that's holepunched and as such unethical to get $$$ for. Maybe more random give aways?

I saw Xentrix play a bunch of times in their home town (Preston) when they started out. They used to play "Ghostbusters" as a joke encore, but people got really into it. So they released it as a single. Their drummer (Dennis Gasser) now plays in a pub band in Blackpool I think, doing covers.