So, I have the coolest mother on the planet...(a recommendation thread)

Burnout

Faith Puppeteer
Sep 25, 2005
California, US
www.last.fm
EoS.jpg

So, my late x-mas presents just showed up in the mail and I immediately placed an order for The Spectral Sorrows. I just wanted to post and ask what other Swanö material you guys consider essential as I am totally and completely hooked. :kickass:

Infernal definitely has some goodies on it, if you don't have it. Buy Evolution, because it has some Infernal songs redone, and they sound even better.

You want Moontower, above all. Imo, Moontower, Crimson I & II, and Purgatory Afterglow are the 3 best Swano albums (yes, I know I cheated and counted Crimson I & II as a single album). But get Moontower... you're going to be fucking blown away, no joke. I think Uncreation and Black Tears are the best two Swano songs... so you have one, you're just missing the other, so go buy Moontower now!

I also highly recommend Nightingale's Nightfall Overture, as it has a re-recording of Losing Myself from Infernal, among other things. Nightingale in general is also really good, although it's cheesy, proggy, poppy... things I love, but some people aren't into that. =)

Bloodbath may / may not be your cup of tea, but that's another good former Swano project, and his Unicorn stuff is pretty cool too (make sure you look at the forum stickies before you go purchasing Unicorn, as there are apparently tons of bands with the same name and their albums suck).

I love quality progressive stuff, so I will definitely check out Nightingale. I might have to check out Bloodbath, as I am a huge fan of Mikael Akerfeldt. Also Infernal and Moontower have both been added to my buy list. Thanks guys! :kickass:

Moontower.

This man said it right here.

I'm also going to agree with anyone that's said Bloodbath and Nightingale. Can't really go wrong!

I love quality progressive stuff, so I will definitely check out Nightingale. I might have to check out Bloodbath, as I am a huge fan of Mikael Akerfeldt. Also Infernal and Moontower have both been added to my buy list. Thanks guys! :kickass:

In this case, check out Katatonia's album Brave Murder Day.

dude you could also buy the best of EoS cd - extensive liner notes by dan and every song is Very Remastered :D

hahaha if you can find steel, i can even download that stuff, but i love all swano really, EoS and nightingale are amazing moontowers great too, and i love bloodbath, my friend got me into nightingale with nightfall overture, which id love to have except theres only 500 copies haha

I don't suppose anyone knows where I might be able to order a copy of Moontower for a reasonable price in the US? I'd love to hear it, but I can't really find anywhere to buy it.

i'd suggest getting it through the black mark site.

where could i get steel, except for outrageous 100+ collectors prices?

i'd suggest getting it through the black mark site.

where could i get steel, except for outrageous 100+ collectors prices?

The audio files are out there somewhere (I could provide them if necessary).

The actual 7" itself, I think you will only ever find through a collector's site. I picked mine up many years ago, but they command quite a price these days. I guess it is down to the Opeth element becoming far better known.